PDA

View Full Version : Wal*mart

Grasshopper
04-23-2002, 10:02 AM
The Wal*mart aound here is so full or it. I've had people tell me that Wal*mart told them GTA3 was banned in America, Wal*mart told them that X-Box could play PS2 games, and Wal*mart told them that the X-Box was discontinued. I wonder what else the Wal*mart around here is going to come up with. :rolleyes: Has anyone else had problems like that with their Wal*mart?

Draconis
04-23-2002, 10:13 AM
I may not have had that happen with my Wal*mart around here, but obviously someone had their head in the clouds when they said that. Xbox being discontinued? :rolleyes: That is a load of crap.

Hermit
04-23-2002, 10:37 AM
I doubt Microsoft would even contemplate taking one of its products off the shelf, regardless of its condition. Take their Windows OSs for example. Win98 crashed on the unveiling day and that didn't stop them from releasing it filled with a trillion bugs in it :laughing:

Microsoft may suck in the minds of many (even mine), but you gotta hand it to them. Anyone who can still sell a Windows OS with an opening day like that (and other OSs to follow), is nothing short of genius. Bill Gates could literally market and sell a box of horseshit, and people would buy it. :laughing:

DarkPanther
04-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hermit
a box of horseshit

That's what I got last time I went to Wal*Mart and asked for something technical.

The people who work in the "electronics" dept. can't tell their walkie talkies apart from their phones, much less the release dates on games from the titles. Gawd awful service there. They're are my absolute last resort and they never come through anyways so I dunno why I even bother....

...wait...

Okay, I remember, they were the only ones who didn't take pre-orders on the PS2 so I waited outside from the previous night and got it in the morning when they opened, but even while we were standing out there, they didn't know how many they had or if the truck was even coming with them or not.

Un/Mis-informed fools. All of them.

Leon S. Kennedy
04-23-2002, 01:48 PM
Wal*mart is all a sespool is a scandal . . . they dont sell unedited CD and . . . . they told me like 5 years that a nintendo dolphin was the next nintendo system to be released . . . .

Wal*mart described in 1 word. . . . . you cant . . but maybe 5 words

Wal*mart - ASS ASS ASS Monkey Jackers

mike5000
04-23-2002, 01:57 PM
YEAH every time I try to walk out of wal-Mart the damn alarm goes off..GRR:angry:

mrz84
04-23-2002, 03:33 PM
i havent been to the st. joesph wal*mart since december so i dont know whats going on there. :kawaii:

slothman
04-23-2002, 03:42 PM
I don't go to Wal*[insert expletive here]*mart anymore. When you buy something much of it just goes to the Waltin family, who is already the 5 richest group of people in the world. I'll go to a smaller store instead.

King Link
04-24-2002, 01:02 AM
I personally think our Wal*Mart here is really great, informative, up-to-date with gaming information and they never seem to give false information. I think it is just in a few, select areas. Wal*Mart here also has some great prices on games.:D

inori
04-24-2002, 01:14 AM
From what I've seen, the qualifications to work at Wal-Mart aren't all that stringent. Translation: you're not likely to get a lot of accurate technical information from the average Wal-Mart employee (although I've seen worse).

BUT THAT'S OKAY! After all, if Wal-Mart employees were highly skilled technical wizards, they'd want more pay. If Wal-Mart had to pay their employees more, I'd have to pay Wal-Mart more for the things I buy. Besides, it's not like I go to Wal-Mart to get expert gaming information; I go there to buy cheap stuff!

YEAH every time I try to walk out of wal-Mart the damn alarm goes off..GRR

Um... does this also happen when you walk in, or only when you walk out? Because if it only happens when you walk out, it means you should stop walking out with their stuff. :laughing: j/k :kawaii:

Drunken Tiger
04-24-2002, 04:22 AM
We dont have Wal*Mart.....:(

And GTA3??? I dont think we will be getting it here this life time...:(

Same with the X-Box...:(