PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Quest?

vegeta1215
04-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Anyone remember Tiny Quest? I was showing a friend of mine ZC, and wanted to get him a short little quest to introduce him to the game, and I was like "Tiny Quest would be perfect!"

Anyone remember who made this quest, and why it's not in the Quest DB? (well, I couldn't find it in the DB when I looked)

Menokh
04-23-2002, 01:18 AM
Shadowblazer made it.
To this day it is one of my ffavorite quests. I'll upload it to Homestead or something later and link to it here.

KJAZZ
04-23-2002, 07:55 PM
I have this quest as well, I liked it a lot, Shadowblazer should work more with zquest..

Menokh
04-23-2002, 08:45 PM
I got it uploaded. Since this was my first time compresing anything in Linux I didn't know how to make a zip, so it is a .tar.gz file.
WinZIP or WinRAR should be able to decompress it.

Here is the link, the file is 140k: menokh.netfirms.com/tiny.tar.gz

vegeta1215
04-26-2002, 12:20 PM
Sweet man! Thanks a lot. Tiny Quest has always been one of my favs. It's short and sweet, yet well made. Someone should definitly submit it to the database (if SB permits it to be done). Players are missing out on this classic.

And Menohk, as for doing zip in Linux, just use the 'zip' and 'unzip' commands, lol. They're pretty easy. If you wanna know the options and the specifics on using these commands, just check the man pages, ie 'man zip' & 'man unzip' Pretty much everything that they have a GUI for can be done in command line. Sometimes the command line is even better!

Or, you could use the Archiver program (GUI) to do zip files. It came with my Mandrake 8.1. It's in the Applications->Archiving section of my Menu. You should have it too. If not, it's probably on your cd or easily available online.