PDA

View Full Version : I need 10 people...

Toolie
04-22-2002, 10:37 PM
I need 10 people who are willing to contribute some cash, have some time, and are somewhat witty about computers to start a collectively owned server. We can work out details and whatnot later... please post here if you are interested. I will contact each person I find a prominent candidate and make a decision.

This is the plan. We need 11 people ( including myself ) to make up a Board of people. We will hold votes and create a book of rules. After these rules are created, we will pass orders to contribute certain amounts of monies, probably nothing more than $100... the money will then be collectively owned by the group, and such the group will purchase computer hardware that amounts to a server. We will decide where it goes.

Then we will decide what to do with the server, whether it be for personal use or to lease it out to private people as webspace to make a profit. We will then pass additional orders to decide what to do with the income.

If anyone is seriously interested, and has spendable money and reasonable finance and computing knowledge, please post here. Please also be descriptive in your posting. Nothing resume like, but something to convince me. And leave contact information.