PDA

View Full Version : Myst III: Exile and Windows XP

Seigeless
04-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Hello:
I recently purchased Myst III: Exile, and tried to run it on my Windows XP computer. Although the game was able to run, I found that the performance was poor and irregular. Graphics and sound performance were messed up, the speed was awfully slow, and, most of all, after running the game, my computer won't let me open any other applications without crashing, even if I already completely quit the game! I understand that the manual stated that the game "will run on Windows XP". In addition, I have a GE Force MX/MX 400 Graphics card, 64 MB of Video Memory, and ample memory and HD space. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, please let me know. Help is greatly appreciated since I am a devoult fan of the Myst series. Thanks.

Paradox
04-22-2002, 09:35 PM
i dont know how to fix it, but i can tell you that windows xp isn't the best operating system for games. i believe it is partially based on the NT system (which supports very few games). try just getting windows ME since it is a somewhat new version of windows and it can run games better.

and by the way, welcome to the forums. don't forget to visit again. have fun...