PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy/sell something from another AGN member?

Dechipher
04-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Okay, We've got this business worked out.
Persons A,B, and C. A wants to buy something(lets say...a FFIV) person C wants to sell it to him (say for 50$). So they send their stuff( money/game) to person B. Person A sends a little extra money for B. B switches them off (when he gets both) to the appropriate people.

Why this is better than Ebay:
Prices won't be jacked up.
You won't have to auction for it.
AGN exclusive.

Currently, I have the central U.S./Aussies taken up.
We need someone for East Coast, and someone for West coast.

trust me., THIS WORKS!!!

theplustwo
04-22-2002, 05:31 PM
sounds good, if only I had any money... I understood it, but maybe you should explain it a little more clearly for some folks...

Dechipher
04-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Like, say you want to buy FFIV from DC. you agree on 50$ dollars.

DC sends me the game. You send me the 50$(plus a little extra[prolly 20$, for postage, and what's left for doing this for oyou]).
When i have received both, i send DC the money, and you the
game.

AUSIE MEMBERS: I can send stuff to you, but the price will be a LOT more than regular U.S. to U.S. sending.
and i need someone to work the east coast, and the same for the west coast. I got Central US covered.

Beldaran
04-22-2002, 05:46 PM
I gotta ask....why can't I just send $50 to DC in the first place?

Dechipher
04-22-2002, 05:46 PM
what's to prevent DC from keeping the game AND the money?

inori
04-22-2002, 07:42 PM
But if we're thinking along those lines, what's to keep you from keeping the game and the money? :)

The Silent Assassin
04-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Just buy from me off eBay.

Daarkseid
04-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by inori
But if we're thinking along those lines, what's to keep you from keeping the game and the money? :)

Yeah, and in that light, it would be cheaper to not go through a middle man. Whereas with just two people involved, the chance is there that only one of them is screwed. With this middle man idea, theres a chance that two people can get screwed, and then the middle man can make like a bandit with the extra cash sent to pay off the middle men fee.

Paradox
04-22-2002, 08:55 PM
any way you work it out, unless you have proof that each person sent what they had, someone could just keep it and get it for free....

Darunia
04-23-2002, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Dechipher
AUSIE MEMBERS: I can send stuff to you, but the price will be a LOT more than regular U.S. to U.S. sending.
and i need someone to work the east coast, and the same for the west coast. I got Central US covered.

That means, you don't have problems to send stuff to me? :D

Drunken Tiger
04-23-2002, 08:07 AM
I think i speak on the behalf of everybody when i say " I dont think this is going to work..":shrug:

I mean if we were going to buy/sell something to someone we would probably be better of doing it ourselves rather than having some middle man.. It just makes it more complicated..:shrug:

Dechipher
04-23-2002, 10:35 PM
but it worked!!!!!
Just ask Moocow!

Hermit
04-23-2002, 11:03 PM
I think I'll stick to playing the 2 player game thanks ;)

3 or more is too crowded for my taste. That's like having to send this reply to somebody and having them post it. And we know there's no need for that now don't we, I can post just fine by myself ;)

Dechipher
04-24-2002, 01:37 AM
yeah except that someone could just rip off your post, and say that you edited yours in or something....

Drunken Tiger
04-24-2002, 04:07 AM
So lets say i want to send Hermit a TV.. I send you the tv and he sends you the money?? And then you send me the money and you also send him the TV???

Dammit boy you got alot of sending to do..;)

Dechipher
04-24-2002, 05:25 PM
That's exactly how it'd work...Besides, I need money. I'm gonna try to get a new guitar...

theplustwo
04-24-2002, 09:15 PM
ah-HAH!! decipher's evil intentions come out!!! (j/k)