PDA

View Full Version : Zelda-W HELP!

Torch Of Fire
04-22-2002, 04:15 PM
Hi I am having a problem with a specific zelda-w that can run the march beta version of Dreams of Yesterday by C-Dawg and whenever I try to run it, keeps saying this program has performed an illegal operation in the Alleg40.Dll yet I have tried d/l the dll but it still comes up and I searched found a topic with the zelda-w for d/l but that one I downloaded says C-dawg's Dreams of yesterday march beta(beta testers only), is an invalid quest file. If you know what is wrong with the zelda-w that can run the dreams of yesterday march beta plz let me know in a pm or e-mail.

P.S Whats with these so called "Mage Points" that are the pics of the black, white, and red mage from FF1?!¿¡

VGWarrior
04-22-2002, 04:30 PM
First, go to the help screen and tell us what version of Windows Zelda that is; for all I know, you could be in the custom quest contest and have a later beta than us.

Second, I can't tell which forum this belongs to; part of me says QA/D, another says ZC Discussion. Admins?

supertails2001
04-22-2002, 08:44 PM
MPQ points? Check the MPQ forum to find out. I think it's a quiz game where you get mage points for a right answer.

ZeldaFan001
04-22-2002, 09:04 PM
VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Check to make sure you have Directx 8.0 or 8.1!!!!!!!!!!!
Most .dll errors are Directx problems. You probably don't have it. Go to The Microsoft Web Page (http://www.microsoft.com/) and search for Directx! Download is 11 MB, so get a fast modem to download, get from friends, or wait for 30 mins for it to download. Hope that is the answer!

Jigglysaint
04-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Software problem, moving to ZC Discussion. Thanks.

Cyclone
04-22-2002, 11:40 PM
You DO have the proper Allegro file, right? And you DO have the right support archive, right? This is for beta 139?

And JS, you just beat me to moving it. :laughing:

Cyclone

K-Teclis
04-23-2002, 09:39 AM
I bet it's the archive... The allegro.dll doesn't work correctly sometimes..

C-Dawg
04-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Actually, if you're getting a problem with loading my quest file, it probablly got corrupted in the download. It's been doing that alot. So, if you want to PM me your email address, I can send over a zipped version. That usually stops them from corrupting.

-C

Jigglysaint
04-24-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
You DO have the proper Allegro file, right? And you DO have the right support archive, right? This is for beta 139?

And JS, you just beat me to moving it. :laughing:

Cyclone

Looks like you've got some friendly compitition:grad: