PDA

View Full Version : Banned fro no reason?!?

rinaku
04-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Why was I banned, just out of interest? I mean, I can't remember flaming, triple posting, yes, I did, but I didnt know you could edit posts, and multiple accounts, well, PANGOLIN was deleted, and so was ryucount and so was ryucountx! I'm sorry for whatever I did, but shouldnt we be given warnings, or something, instesd of just findieng your slf banned? Oh well...

Mak-X
04-22-2002, 03:11 PM
I think you were banned for continuing to spam and registering multiple usernames. If you needed your account fixed, you can ask an admin like Glenn the Great. I think I remember you posting about this before in New Members or something, but you'd be better off e-mailing or private messaging someone.

Have you checked your Private Messages for warnings?

theplustwo
04-22-2002, 03:11 PM
you triple posted and had three acounts? Hoycrap.

Hermit
04-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Sounds like you were banned for incompitence. Those locked announcements and such at the top of the forums are there for you to read and learn what is expected of each member here. You might want to take the time to read through a few of them thoroughly, especially the Handbook.

As for your banning though... find out who banned you and ask them ;)

Welcome back as well :thumbsup:

AtmaWeapon
04-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by rinaku
Why was I banned, just out of interest? I mean, I can't remember flaming, triple posting, yes, I did, but I didnt know you could edit posts, and multiple accounts, ...(snip)... but shouldnt we be given warnings, or something, instesd of just findieng your slf banned? Oh well...

Warning 1 (spam) (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53280)
Warning about triple posting (unofficial) (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53280)
Warning 3, for multiple accounts (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53149)

If I had seen it, you would have got Warning 4, for spam (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?postid=564080#post564080).

I has also been said in FS that you received at least one PM about your behavior.

Don't cry and act like you didn't know, please.

Ultra22Lemming
04-22-2002, 03:53 PM
Actually I know of another reason you probally got banned for. In New Members Forum I remeber you kept bringing back topics from a couple of months ago (I hope you don't mind but I was in that forum the same time you did all your posts, I counted them all and you had around 12-15 posts in less than 20 minutes!!!)

Edit: And also your posts in these topics were something like these: I CAN SEE!!!!!!!, Stars are cool, ..., and many more

rinaku
04-23-2002, 03:01 PM
You are all contradicting what I said... And why does everyone get so worked up about one liners? (out of interest)

Hermit
04-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by rinaku
You are all contradicting what I said...

Wasn't that the point ? You claim to have done nothing basically, when in fact, it was pointed out that you have ;)

You asked why you were banned, we told you :)

Rainman
04-23-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ultra22Lemming
Actually I know of another reason you probally got banned for. In New Members Forum I remeber you kept bringing back topics from a couple of months ago (I hope you don't mind but I was in that forum the same time you did all your posts, I counted them all and you had around 12-15 posts in less than 20 minutes!!!)

Edit: And also your posts in these topics were something like these: I CAN SEE!!!!!!!, Stars are cool, ..., and many more

You don't get banned or even warned for that. That's just Alexmax's peeve.

Masamune
04-23-2002, 03:21 PM
well all i can say is quit the spamming and you'll do fine.

AlexMax
04-23-2002, 03:41 PM
To clairfy Rainman's statement, I get peeved when someone who didn't start an old topic brings it back up. I keep my sniper rifle for those who do...

It's just a peeve. ^_^

Masamune
04-23-2002, 03:43 PM
you use sniper rifles for thnigs that peeve you?:odd:

AlexMax
04-23-2002, 04:01 PM
Yeah, you should see what I use for things that REALLY piss me off

(nmiaow)

Daarkseid
04-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Rainman

You don't get banned or even warned for that. That's just Alexmax's peeve. '

Actually, I think you can get warned for what Rinaku did, which was spam. Deliberately posting non related replies that had little to no content.

theplustwo
04-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Yeah, if he had bounced the topics with useful replys it wouldn't have been half as bad. It's stupid to just write 'I agree' and nothing else.