PDA

View Full Version : Whoa?! Metroid Prime ISN'T a prequel

jman2050
04-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Get this. Wuoted directly from the IGN Metroid Prime preview:

"The question now is where does the story go next? After all, the Metroid race was totally destroyed as far as we knew. According to the latest reports from Nintendo, though, that's not exactly true. In Metroid Prime, the story picks up where the Super NES version ended. It turns out that fragments from the massive explosion on Planet Zebes have rocketed throughout space, and contained in one of them is a single living Metroid. The organism hurls through the cosmos until, still protected in a spot on the meteor, it enters the atmosphere of a world called Taron -- where all hell breaks loose. "

Hmm, if this is true then maybe we can see GBA-GC interactivity with the GBA Metroid. Sweet :D .

Hermit
04-22-2002, 10:17 AM
It's quite possible, since Metroid 2 for GB was directly linked between 1 and 3 ;)

jman2050
04-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Actually, I meant the way SA2:B connects with SA. Imagine if you could trade power-ups between both games. That would really be nice.

Hermit
04-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Oh heh, I must have misunderstood. I thought you were simply referring to the storylines ;)

Just have to wait and see what they come up with I suppose. Although it would be a pretty neat addition, I doubt anyone can really answer that.

Dart Zaidyer
04-22-2002, 10:37 AM
And you just know there's gonna be clones... "Prime" is usually terms for the first in a line of many duplicates.

The Silent Assassin
04-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Heh, the story sounds decent so far.

mrz84
04-22-2002, 01:14 PM
indeed it does TSA. im eagerly awaiting its release. though itll ge a while before then, i can still wait patiently. :kawaii:

MottZilla
04-22-2002, 03:34 PM
Anyone know the release date off hand?

jman2050
04-22-2002, 04:10 PM
IGN says November, although I know IGN to be wrong plenty of times. It looks extremely good and now I can finally look forward to a decent story.

Warlock
04-22-2002, 04:29 PM
I bet there isn't one right now.. I'd say next year though, not Nov. Nov. seems too early.. that's like believing Zelda will be out this winter :D

The Silent Assassin
04-22-2002, 04:36 PM
I think Zelda will come out in Japan this year.

Warlock
04-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
I think Zelda will come out in Japan this year.

I dunno.. I suppose the problem is that we know nothing about it. I mean, we have one movie from almost half a year ago, and that's it.. although I suppose you are right, if they want to have it playable at e3, they should be far along..

Mak-X
04-22-2002, 04:39 PM
If that's true, then I wonder how that ties into Metroid IV, since Metroid IV was suppose to be a direct sequel to Super Metroid. And in Metroid IV Samus or her suit's DNA merge with the last Metroid in Super Metroid.

Its a believable story to keep the Metroids alive. There could have been one Metroid not eradicated by Samus or her time bomb in another part of Zebes other than New Tourain(?).

Zelda might be able to be released this year, at least in Japan, and maybe in the U.S. if they have enough time to localize it. Didn't they start on Ocarina of Time as soon as it was done? No, I don't mean they will come out with Zelda this year, along with all the other 1st party games, but maybe Miyamoto and his team will pull it off. I think he's been talking a lot lately about deadlines and delays and setting a limit on how much they will put into the game.

KamiKaZe cOw
04-22-2002, 05:58 PM
Whooooaaaaaa... Metroid for GBA!?!?!?! Whens it come out? can i get some specs? (ie screenshots, release date, story, ect)

:banghead:-KC

Mak-X
04-22-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by KamiKaZe cOw
Whooooaaaaaa... Metroid for GBA!?!?!?! Whens it come out? can i get some specs? (ie screenshots, release date, story, ect)

Its still in development. The webmaster of the Metroid Database got some photos from E3. The photos aren't good because they were taken from the game running on a monitor, and not straight from the game (and the graphics aren't that developed yet).
www.classicgaming.com/mdb

Holy cow, your that giant Metroid from Super Metroid aren't you! How's life been on Zebes?

mrz84
04-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Whooooaaaaaa... Metroid for GBA!?!?!?! you mean you didnt know? its been supposed in the works for awhile now. :kawaii:

Rijuhn
04-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Rijuhn's predictions for the US releases of; Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, and SFA.

Mario: Christmas 2002

Zelda: September 2003

Metroid: Christmas 2003

SFA: March 2003.

Thank you.

The Silent Assassin
04-23-2002, 03:25 AM
StarFox Adventures: September 29th, 2002.
Super Mario Sunshine: November 21st, 2002.
Metroid Prime: June 23rd, 2003.
Legend of Zelda (GCN): November 23rd, 2003

jman2050
04-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Are those your predictions or actual dates? I'm saying because I read that Mario Sunshine was going to be released in the Summer.

Orion
04-23-2002, 11:46 PM
Mario is slated for a june release in japan and august in the U.S. SFA is coming in september. Metroid I think will make christmas. zelda. dream on. Christmas 2003.