PDA

View Full Version : Fairies have been downsized?

DarkFlameWolf
04-22-2002, 09:44 AM
in 1.90, Fairies could talk and give items, but not in any version beyond 1.90, they no longer do anything but heal you! I have a part of my game where there is a village of fairies. But I can't do this if they don't speak or give items anymore like regular 'Guys' Can you fix this?

EDIT: Please fix this in beta 152, because I don't want to continue my contest entry in the buggy betas 153+ (with the no combo page deal and the strict warning not to save anything in it.) So yeah, fixing it for beta 152 for the contest would be great. :)

Cronic
04-22-2002, 09:47 AM
If worse comes to worse you could always just use the invisible fire (merchant for me) guy trick and tlie (probably on a layer) the fairies ya wanna have talk to ya... my quest will use not a one of the original guy sprites... It's easy to do to, but this should be looked into regardless.

Cyclone
04-22-2002, 11:14 AM
DFW, I think DN is done with 152, unless there is a HUGE DISABLING bug somewhere that pretty much stops activity for the contest questmakers.

A little fairie situation isn't likely to concern him with 152 any further, in the least.

Cyclone

DarkFlameWolf
04-22-2002, 02:01 PM
well then, count me out of the contest then. Bye.

Cyclone
04-22-2002, 02:44 PM
DFW, I am hoping to get another beta that will have anything fixed. Don't call it quits yet.

And this isn't a place to discuss your entry in thecontest, NEway. Contact me later if you wish.

Cyclone

Cronic
04-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
well then, count me out of the contest then. Bye.

Over a simply fixed fairy issue? You gotta be kidding me...

Cyclone
04-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Over a simply fixed fairy issue? You gotta be kidding me...

No kidding. I thought the same thing. Just change one of the other guys to a fairie, and the problem is solved in the meantime. :rolleyes:

I asked DN about the current Fairies, in any event. And we really do need more "guy" options, too.

Cyclone

DarkFlameWolf
04-22-2002, 03:02 PM
this isn't about my entry even though its related to it. This is a bug. Why? Because why would something work in 1.90 then not work in 1.92 and above? Obviously a bug.

Dark Dude
04-22-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
DFW, I think DN is done with 152, unless there is a HUGE DISABLING bug somewhere that pretty much stops activity for the contest questmakers.

A little fairie situation isn't likely to concern him with 152 any further, in the least.

Cyclone There's only like 5 "guys" and one of them don't work. I would call that a somewhat larged size disabling bug.

Cronic
04-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dude
There's only like 5 "guys" and one of them don't work. I would call that a somewhat larged size disabling bug.

Well considering that with only a small amount of ingenuity you only need one guy to have a million.. I would say it aint so bad ;)

texasdex
04-22-2002, 06:32 PM
Well i can see his point, it would be a good idea to have lots more guys, but it isn't impossible, now that we have layers to make more if you want. it just doesn't work exactly the same way, that's all.