PDA

View Full Version : I sthere an easy way to set up Warlocks Newfirst Rain tiles?

Cronic
04-22-2002, 12:32 AM
Going through and setting them up maually is a bitch so far... importing them never wants to work the way I want it...

Ideas? btw how do I follow the 1,2,3,4,5 setup (instructions?)?

*b*
04-22-2002, 01:15 AM
look at the combos in newfirst-fixed. those should help

C-Dawg
04-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Rain = Easy

It's not like you should even have to import rain. It's faster to draw your own. Just start with a blank tile, then draw in some rain (blue lines). Not too many- one or two only. Then just copy that tile a bunch of times, shifting it down two or four spaces each time. (Be sure to shift it a number of spaces that is a divisor of 8 or it wont loop correctly) Viola, you have rain.

Then just make splatter animation if you want it, or maybe thunder. I dont know why people are always asking for rain tiles when they are SO EASY to make by yourself :P

-C

Cronic
04-22-2002, 03:55 PM
Well C-dawg I understand what youre saying BUT i have a life outside of Zquest (try as I might I just can't escape it) So basically I'm looking for the absolute quickest and most effecient way to do this.

You can do it for me if youd really like :p

I mean... seeing as how it's so easy and all :p

C-Dawg
04-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/Rain.bmp

Though I dont think doing something that takes literally two minutes would hurt your "life" much.

To use them- the first one is, obviously, rain... the second one is splatter effects. I have set up three combos running at different speeds, some flipped horizontally, to make the rain look more random. And I only use the splatter on the ground where Link can walk, or roofs- other flat, hard surfaces.

The second splatter I use for water, it's a little more ripply.

-C

Cronic
04-23-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
As and ye shall receive.

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/Rain.bmp

Though I dont think doing something that takes literally two minutes would hurt your "life" much.

To use them- the first one is, obviously, rain... the second one is splatter effects. I have set up three combos running at different speeds, some flipped horizontally, to make the rain look more random. And I only use the splatter on the ground where Link can walk, or roofs- other flat, hard surfaces.

The second splatter I use for water, it's a little more ripply.

-C

:( "That'll do pig... That'll do..." :cry:

K-Teclis
04-23-2002, 09:42 AM
I had that rain from Nick...
Nick got it from C-Dawg as I see....

And I hate the Newfirst rain!!

DC.. Try to copy all rain tiles in the correct position into your quest...
Now check out the combos Warlock made...

That is the easiest way I can think of...

Nick
04-23-2002, 05:54 PM
It seems the newfirst rain came from Orion's set or Orion's rain came from the newfirst set or it's just a big coincidence. :confuse2:

Anyway, until it is made easier, I'm sticking with C-Dawg's rain.