PDA

View Full Version : Possible new job!

Rijuhn
04-21-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey Sir Anthony. You can relate to this thread if you're still working at the same place you were working at a few months back.

That's right kids, I might get a job working at Regal Cinemas! YAY! Finally I can fill back up my bank account, and have money to spend!

It all started yesterday when me and my friend were going around a neighbourhood(sp?) to look for lawnmowers that people didn't want, and sell them for around $30 or so. We only found one, and it had sand it it's gas tank (from what my friend told me, sand in an engine messes up everything. And if you put sand in someones gas tank, it would get into the engine, and their car would be ruined. Hey, you could do that to somone you really hate, hahahahaaa! :evil: )

Anyway, he drove around to several places, and we looked around the general area for possible jobs, but each had it's many draw backs. well, we finally went to the mall and just walked around for about an hour,and got 3 stores applications, The Gap, Spencers, and Structure. The Gap, and Structure are both preppy clothing stores. And I didn't want to go in either cause there were some gay guys working their that were like, "Hi boys, how can I help you." I wanted to kick the fags, but I withheld the urge.

When we left the mall my friend asked me if I wanted to work at AMC 8, and I said sure, lets get an application. You see, some of his friends works at Regal Cinemas, and at AMC 8, but both have weak points. AMC 8 is more relaxed (fun time, hehe) but no hot girls work there. Regal Cinemas has a lot of hot girls working there (girls that go to my local school, yay!) but the managers can be assholes, and not that much free time. Regal Cinemas is only 5 minutes away, AMC is about 20, so Regal wins out overall.

After we got the application form from AMC, my friend was going to take me home, but we both decided to try and get a job at Regal. We filled out the form there, and turned it in. So hopefully in a few days I'll get a call to go work there. YAY!

mikeron
04-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
That's right kids, I might get a job working at Regal Cinemas! YAY!The only Regal Cinemas I've ever been to was ghetto as hell. The inside looked like M City from Oz, and the outside was surrounded by people who looked like they were pondering "blastin' those foos".

Jemsee
04-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Hey Rijuhn, hope your job app. turns up somthing positive.
Will you get to see the movies for free?

Rafnul
04-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Wow, I feel lucky, we have an AMC 24 where I live, and it is FULL ALWAYS. NO matter when you go, there is always at least 1250 people there... it's amazing and... I doubt I will be able to work there... but, I MIGHT pick up an application. Then again, being unemployed is fun too. I have been without money for so long I have forgot what you do with it.

Cyclone
04-21-2002, 10:18 PM
Something I learned quickly: a place looks much different once you start working there. It's like, you start to know everyone there, and even after you are done working there (i.e. you don't work there anymore), you still know everyone. Good or bad? I can't tell, but I no longer shop often at Canadian Tire around here. I still walk through to the mall sometimes, though, and still go there to pay my gas bill...:laughing:

Throw in the philosophy that you are working your ass off to make someonew else rich, too...

Cyclone

goKi
04-21-2002, 10:37 PM
thats cool... i have 2 jobs already :)

this your first job or what?

Rijuhn
04-21-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Something I learned quickly: a place looks much different once you start working there. It's like, you start to know everyone there, and even after you are done working there (i.e. you don't work there anymore), you still know everyone. Good or bad?
Cyclone

And that's how I feel at Wal-Mart, but most of the people are new because a lot of people quit for one reason or another. The main reason I dread going there is because my ex-girl friend works there. The 23 year-old girl, okay woman. It's a lot to explain, but me and my sister had a fun time getting her away from me, and she hasn't called since.

Originally posted by goKi
thats cool... i have 2 jobs already :)

this your first job or what?

This will be my second job, and my prior job at, don't laugh, cause it was fun in electronics, but when I was moved up front as a cashier it sucked ass through a straw, was Wal-Mart. I got paid pretty good though, and I have $300 dollars left over in my bank account from my 3 month job there. I got paid $6.50 and hour.

I don't know about the free screenings or not, but I can find out soon enough.

goKi
04-21-2002, 11:05 PM
thats cool... i have 2 jobs at the same time, my favourite being the one at the computer store :)