PDA

View Full Version : Icons and mouse pointers based on ZC

texasdex
04-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Download HERE (http://members.aol.com/texasdex2004/zcicons.zip) and have lots of fun!

<EDIT> Sorry for not explaining how to do this. I had a good long post giving instructions as to how to use and apply the icons typed up and ready. Unfortunately when I clicked on submit, vBulletin said I was not logged in and I lost it.

Here are instructions for setting your mouse pointers to the Fairy, Aquamentus, and spinning Triforce.

First, you should extract the contents of the zip file to C:\Windows\cursors
Then go into the control panel and open the mouse item. Click on the pointers tab and select the first item, the regular pointer. Hit the browse button and select the fairy.
If you hit apply now, your cursor will turn into the ZC fairy, flapping her wings and pointing at things with her wand.
Next, select the "working in background" item, and hit browse again. Select the aquamentus.
For the "busy" item, select "Triforce"

Hit OK and your mouse will turn into The Zelda Classic Mouse.

To set your desktop items to have the Zelda Classic based icons:
First you right click on the desktop and go to properties.
Then select the "effects" tab. Don't have an effects tab? Then you're probably running Windows 95, which doesn't have this feature.

But if you do have it, a box will appear with five icons and a few buttons at the bottom. Select the first item and hit "change icon..." and in the file box go to the C:\windows\cursors directory and select the ganon icon labeled "my computer". Then hit OK

Do the same for the my documents icon, the network hood and the two recycle bin icons (empty/full) (the recycle bin is the BS item box at the top of the screen, with or without a sword in it)

NOW have fun!
</EDIT>

Cronic
04-22-2002, 09:29 AM
good stuff man... And your avatar dances perfectly to Alice n chains's early stuff =)

texasdex
04-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Actually I didn't make my avatar, it was (and still is) one of the public avatars (maybe VEL made it... I dunno). But I like it a lot, and nobody else seems to have it. And I mean nobody that I've ever seen post on these here forums.

But I DID spend hours making the animated cursors and the icons. The Aquamentus was especially hard, because of the higher resolution and the more detailed coloring. Took a while but I got it right. And the triforce has like 8 frames, which was sorta monotonus. What I have to do for each frame is to get a screen shot, open it in PSP, use a program called AWicons to save it as a 256-color cursor file. Then for the animated cursors I have to open it with another program called CursorDance and import the file. Then I have to find a color that is closest to the original color and recolor it, because otherwise it reverts to the original old sixteen windows colors, which are not even close to correct (purple instead of green, for example, and light grey for black.

VEL
04-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by texasdex
Actually I didn't make my avatar, it was (and still is) one of the public avatars (maybe VEL made it... I dunno). But I like it a lot, and nobody else seems to have it. And I mean nobody that I've ever seen post on these here forums.

Yes, I did make that one, I also made the large bs enemies. I'm glad you like it. :)

KJAZZ
04-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by texasdex

I used it a long time ago when I was a newbie here......but I like what I have right now.....;)