PDA

View Full Version : Shining... uh... I don't recognize it anymore.

ReRERB
04-21-2002, 12:59 AM
Is it just me, or is Sega pulling a Peter with the Shining series? (If you don't know, you have no reason to care.) I mean, I remember Shining Force as being turn-based strategy. Now, there's another Shining game, and it's more like Diablo? Ok. I give. Maybe I'll enjoy it. I mean, Sega's one of the best 3rd party (now) game developers out there, right? If I can get enough money, I think I'll give it a shot. If I don't like it (It's Sega, so yeah, right.), then I can get my girlfriend a GBA and give it to HER, right? Sorry for rambling.

Dechipher
04-21-2002, 01:34 AM
hmmmm your first post is about games?!
*gives ReRERB a high-five*

chances are, you're an old member whose account got lost

Daarkseid
04-21-2002, 03:16 AM
Are you serious ReRERB? I played Shining Force on an emulator, and thought its strategic battle system was cool... Too bad I can't seem to find a decent Genesis emulator since Megasis has a problem with savestates and Genecyst doesn't work.

I wish the newer one would still keep the strategy system over Diablo's stupid clickfest....

Hermit
04-21-2002, 07:48 AM
Use KGen98 for saving/playing Shining Force 1 + 2. It works fine and I've never had a problem with it.

KGen98 was made by a guy who actually worked for Sega for a while, especially during the Genesis+ era. He knows that hardware back and front, so it runs about 95%+ of genesis games to a tea.

KingArthur
04-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Here's the deal... In the shining series, all of the strategy games are Shining Force games. Shining sould is actually a (sort of) sequel to Shining wisdom. Its a good game, but nothing like SF.