PDA

View Full Version : The Destined One Demo Released...

StarFox
04-20-2002, 10:55 PM
Lately, I've been working on a small demo while waiting for a completed version 1.92/2.0. The destined one is that demo. The quest is for 1.90 Beta 104. I will probably not finish the quest, because this is just a way to wait for the next complete ZQuest version. However, I did put in a few tricks, such as turntables. The demo is all dungeon without an overworld.

http://zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/Destined_One_Demo_Image1.gif

http://zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/Destined_One_Demo_Image2.gif

Download the demo HERE (http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/Destined_One_Demo.zip).

MountainDrew023
04-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Level one really reminds me of Days of Eternity Level One. Did you get your idea from Days of Eternity?
Are your thoughts and Nicks thoughts the same?
Are you Nick?

StarFox
04-20-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by MountainDrew023
Level one really reminds me of Days of Eternity Level One.

Well........................

DoE may have subconsciously given me a little inspiration :rolleyes: .

I assure you, though, that most of Level One and all of Level Two are my own. I simply used the idea of buttons and raising/lowering blocks to create puzzles.

Originally posted by MountainDrew023
Are you Nick?

Nope. :D

MountainDrew023
04-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Looks great

Nick
04-21-2002, 12:12 PM
No, he isn't Nick. :)

I'm going to have to try this demo out just to see why he confused me with StarFox. ;)

That turn table puzzle looks interesting too. I don't think I've done anything like that yet.

I don't mind people using similar ideas though I admit the push buttons in my quest came from Dreams of Yesterday. I just used pits for them instead of stair warps.

MountainDrew023
04-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Hey I had only played half of level one and it looked similar and it was talking about the time medalion, and it had same music...

Nick
04-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Oh. Well, I'm still going to try this out later, but right now I'm working on a mini game in my quest...

Edit: I just played it and I know what you mean now. I noticed the guy rooms looked exactly like mine (minus the custom water edges I made to look like newfirst) on the first floor. Besides that, I didn't notice too much more. Just the boomerang was in an already open chest like it was in my quest, but that is no big deal. Anyone can do that. ;)

Still, from what I played. That was pretty good. :thumbsup:

MountainDrew023
04-21-2002, 04:27 PM
So i haven't gone crazy?

Ok thats good:laughing:

StarFox
04-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Almost forgot!

If anyone has any advice, suggestions, or compliments :) , please post them. Is the demo too hard? Too easy? Do I need more original ideas? :laughing:

Remember, your advice can help me become a better quest designer.

Of course, I like compliments too. :D

MountainDrew023
04-21-2002, 04:38 PM
Looks pretty good. Its a little hard but not to much, If you added an overworld it would be great.

StarFox
04-21-2002, 04:48 PM
Well, the reason I didn't include an overworld is because this is more of a quest that I can improve my skills with while I wait for a new full version of ZQuest. In fact, I didn't even think I would release this demo, which is why you will see some borrowed ideas from other quests. I didn't think I would be "copying" ideas if I was the only person to play the quest; I just took the ideas I liked and used them (so, you should think of this as a compliment to your designing skills, Nick :D ). I did release the demo, though, and I thank Nick for his inspiration. But back on my reply to your suggesion: who knows? Maybe I will include an overworld someday.

MountainDrew023
04-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Cool I'll have to play the finished version

StarFox
04-21-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by StarFox
I will probably not finish the quest, because this is just a way to wait for the next complete ZQuest version.

But again, who knows? If there is a very long wait between now and the next full version of ZQuest, I could finish it.

But that's a big if. ;)

ZeldaFan001
04-21-2002, 06:00 PM
I'm glad that yet another quest is using Orion's tileset. LTTP is the best of the Zelda Games I believe! :thumbsup: I've downloaded it now and I will give it a try soon.

VGWarrior
04-21-2002, 06:00 PM
After you get the level 1 prize (candle), you will eventually enter a room with 2 star switches. Hit the bottom one, kill the flames, and get killed by the guards. You will be stuck on some wierd screen forever...and I was finally getting the hang of your quest as well!

StarFox
04-21-2002, 06:44 PM
This is the room you drain the water in and go down the stairs, right? And you died trying to kill off the guards, right? You come to a screen with orange squares? Well, it must be a continue bug. I haven't completely ironed them all out, so just don't die through the entire demo. :D

Or just save and quit if you find yourself on a wierd screen. ;)

This has happened to me, before, and I know I need to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thankyou for pointing this out.