PDA

View Full Version : question..

laughing1989
04-20-2002, 07:45 PM
what does the "cross" item do? I looked and looked but nothing turned up. Dang..I hate having to be 1-year-old to this site and still be a newbie...ick..

MountainDrew023
04-20-2002, 08:02 PM
I think it make invisible enemies appear

Verbatim
04-20-2002, 08:23 PM
That's right. If you use the "invisible enemies" screen flag, the player can't see the enemies unless they have the cross. I think it may drain magic while making them appear if you are using magic in your quest...I'm not sure on that though.

Cyclone
04-20-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Verbatim
I think it may drain magic while making them appear if you are using magic in your quest...I'm not sure on that though.

If it does that, then it's truly a sad thing. I mean, I know it's a convenience to the player, but putting Invisible Enemies in every single room would then guarantee the player running plum out of magic.

Cyclone

MountainDrew023
04-20-2002, 10:54 PM
I know that it doesn't use magic and it makes sense but what doesn't make sense is using magic by wearing boots. If you create an area with spikes three seconds and POW! your dead.

Verbatim
04-21-2002, 01:25 AM
In the case of the spikes, it's the job of the quest maker to make it so you don't have to use an excessive amount of magic. It should still be set up so that you have to walk the paths between spikes to save magic, but if you run out of magic just crossing them, it's the quest designer's fault, not the fault of the design of the boots. Though we do need rules for every potentially magic-using item.

It'd be the same if the cross used magic--now people use it on a lot of screens so it's difficult to proceed without the cross, but if it used magic, you could use it to add a challenge to a boss fight--if you run out of magic before you beat the boss, you can't see it anymore...

:cry:wherestheboss?:cry:

laughing1989
04-21-2002, 01:30 AM
umm...cool! I'm smart now! :nerd: \
But in Future Plans at zeldaclassic.com, DN has listed that he is going to make a "cross 2"....I wonder..:confuse2:

Verbatim
04-21-2002, 04:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the "cross2" idea has to do with Ghinis (the ghosts). You can't hurt the ones that appear when you touch a grave, but you can hurt the ones which are placed in the regular manner.

The idea is that the "invincible" Ghinis would be added as placeable enemies, and the cross2 item would allow you to hurt both the Ghinis which appear when you touch a grave, and the new "invincible" Ghinis.

K-Teclis
04-21-2002, 05:01 AM
Really? Cool!
But I don't like the idea of having the cross use magic...
That sucks as it does with boots!

plith
04-21-2002, 08:50 AM
I'm vaguely certain that there are quest rules to determine whether or not certain items use magic, even with the magic meter rule turned on.

Blankboard
04-21-2002, 11:39 AM
No... for sure there is quest rules to decide which items use magic and which ones dont..... the ones I know right off is the boots, candle, wand, cross, and lens of truth(I think)

Cyclone
04-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Verbatim
I'm pretty sure the "cross2" idea has to do with Ghinis (the ghosts). You can't hurt the ones that appear when you touch a grave, but you can hurt the ones which are placed in the regular manner.

The idea is that the "invincible" Ghinis would be added as placeable enemies, and the cross2 item would allow you to hurt both the Ghinis which appear when you touch a grave, and the new "invincible" Ghinis.

That would be awesome, actually. I hate those invincible Ghinis.

Slash, slash..."OUCH!!!"...whimper...

Cyclone