PDA

View Full Version : Exporting qsu's, using auto-backup crashes zquest-w

AlphaDawg
04-20-2002, 05:33 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but either exporting Unencoded Quest Files or using the auto-backup feature crashes zquest-w under Windows XP.

The Unencoded Quest File generated does work, as I was able to make some maps in Mapmaker using it, but I don't know if the backup file generated before the crash works. (It would probably help to know how to load a backup file, then perhaps I can test it... :tongue:)

I will try to gather some documentation regarding the crash... when I do, I will post it.

DarkFlameWolf
04-20-2002, 05:51 PM
it crashes under Win98 using the same function.

plith
04-20-2002, 06:00 PM
I get the same crashes in zquest.exe (DOS).

fatcatfan
04-21-2002, 01:00 AM
It is not crashing for me, using zquest-w.exe on Win98SE.

DarkFlameWolf
04-21-2002, 01:14 AM
what do you think I'm using fatcat? :rolleyes:
It still crashes even with what you said

DemoQuestFan
04-21-2002, 10:00 AM
This sounds like a Red Alert: Unsquashed Bug

fatcatfan
04-21-2002, 05:21 PM
does qsu exporting cause it to crash when the auto-backup feature is disabled? That's my case.

DarkFlameWolf
04-21-2002, 06:19 PM
*checks*
yep, still crashes. At least for me. This function has never worked for me. (well it HAS and it DOES, but not without crashing out of Zquest)

fatcatfan
04-21-2002, 11:51 PM
A while back I found that when choosing a file to save the qsu to, if I double-clicked on an existing file in ZQuest's "Save" dialog, it would cause the kind of crash you describe. I can't get it to happen now though. And I'm exporting for testing MM, with no crashes. I would suggest checking to be sure you've got the latest support archives unzipped into your beta directory. But since more than one of you is experiencing this, I doubt this is the problem.