PDA

View Full Version : Possiblity of a chest

Zeldasaver
04-20-2002, 02:14 PM
is it possible to make a chest appear and have something inside?

Nick
04-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Well, you would have to improvise some since your using 1.90 (if your signature is right).

I'd have some sort of stairs on a button or something. These stairs would take you to an identical screen with the button pressed down (no stairs anymore) and the chest on the screen. Problem... the screen would have to be a dead end with a sidewarp at the bottom heading back to the regular area.

Jhube
04-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Yes, you can. Put the treasure chest icon on the screen, and make sure it is slashable. Next, make the room type a special item. Select the special item as anything you want to show up in the treasure chest. Put an armos->item flag on the treasure chest. Last set the undercombo to the open treasure chest. Make sure it is half walkable so you can get the item. There you have it.
:laughing:

StarFox
04-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Actually, I don't think it has to be a dead end...

Simply have a side warp on one side bring you back to the regular area, and have the other sides bring you to more duplicate screens. Keep going to duplicate screens until can bring the player back to the regular area.

I don't think I worded this very well, so let me give you an example:

The player enters from the left. There are two passages: on the left and the right. The player pushes a button to make a chest appear (really a stair combo which warps the player to an identical room with a chest). Put an item in the chest like usual, and have a side warp to the left bringing you back to the normal area. When the player goes right, they go to another duplicate room, since you can't have two different side-warps in one room. This room has passages to the left and above. Make a side warp on the top passage to bring you back to the normal area.

This is a simple example, and this method has a downside: the designer must be very careful about where they put items such as keys so the player doesn't collect the same key in the normal area and the new area.

I don't think I explained this very well, so if anyone knows what I'm talking about and wants to clarify, by all means go ahead. ;)

C-Dawg
04-20-2002, 05:05 PM
StarFox, I like you. You seem to see the solutions to ZC problems that alot of newbies just get frustrated and start saying random words like" Dont put that in there" or "Stop it please I beg you" or "whatever he's paying you, I'll pay twice"

-C

MountainDrew023
04-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Holy shi* C-dawg giving a compliment *faints but is quickly recovered by his dog slobbering all over him* That was gross but surprisingly refreshing! :laughing:

Feel Proud StarFox Feel very proud! :thumbsup: