PDA

View Full Version : three-stair-warp problem...

GameQueen
04-20-2002, 02:08 PM
I went back to work on my quest after about four months, and something's up with my three-stair warp. it's not working straight for some reason. when I step on one of the stairs, it takes me back to the one I came in. I had to use the other warps for dungeon warps cause I gave up on the three stair. any ideas on why the hell it's messed up?

Nick
04-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Is this by any chance in a dungeon? 3 stair warps don't work in dungeons. It has to be on an overworld.

GameQueen
04-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I know that! I mean I already replaced one of the specified warps with a dungeon entrance.

Chris Miller
04-20-2002, 02:17 PM
If you're going to use a three-stair warp, one of the rooms in your ring can't be the screen you're at, or one of the stairs will do just what you described.
For your warp rings, use 3 different screens than the one you're on.

GameQueen
04-20-2002, 02:21 PM
I did. I had already set up the warp ring and everything.

Chris Miller
04-20-2002, 02:26 PM
It looks like you beat the geek...I don't know what to tell you.:confuse2:

Nick
04-20-2002, 02:31 PM
I just remembered 3 stair warps won't take you to dungeons (well, they didn't for me). I tried it before to go into 3 different houses on the same screen (which were dungeon maps), but it didn't work. It just took me back to the same screen I was on.

GameQueen
04-20-2002, 02:33 PM
again, I just gave up on the warp and made one of the old warps a dungeon entrance! I didn't try to warp to a dungeon.

JayeM
04-20-2002, 02:53 PM
Did you set the Room Type and Warp Ring number on each screen?

VEL
04-20-2002, 04:41 PM
3 stair warps are one of the few things I've had alot of trouble with, I've never been able to get them to work correctly. I eventually just gave up. Maybe it didn't work right for me because I was having them warp between different maps. Can they be on more than 1 map?

Nick
04-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Yeah. They can. I have one that goes to 2 different maps. They are both overworlds though.

Edit: Well, I dug up a small part of Cloral's multiwarp explaination and found some stuff on 3 stair warps...

(This is a quote that follows, but I don't feel like using the quote tags)

The first point of the ring must be the room from which the multiwarp operates. Now you must know a bit about how 3 stair warps work. Any stair on the left side of the screen takes you to the next point, any in the middle 2 colums takes you to the 2nd point after the one you enter it from, and any on the right side to the 3rd one.
Thus, if you only want 2 warps (as in the example), it is best to put them on opposite sides of the screen. If you want a 3rd one it must be in the center of the screen. Remember this when you place the entrances to the multiwarp in a bit.

I believe the first point must be the place you enter the warp at. Not sure, but that's what I got from that. Actually, that was what taught me how to do 3 stair warps. The entire thing is in the Zquest Contribution topic. As for everything else, I don't know.

I haven't found anything better that explains 3 stair warps. Maybe that will help, maybe it will not.