PDA

View Full Version : Cruising on two wheels :)

Zaphod Q. IX
04-20-2002, 07:01 AM
Today is the day i get my motorcycle out for the season, every year. Since it's 4-20, I don't ride today, since I don't ride impaired...but I am getting it out and tuning it up and doing maintenance. I love my motorycle. Even the work that comes with it.

There is simply no comparison to cruising down the road at 60 miles an hour with nothing but 4 inches between you and the ground. It's complete freedom, in a sense. You control every motion of the motorcycle, every minute detail. You are much more involved in the process than the average motorist.

You head out to open roads and just let go. No cars around to have to worry about, neat things to see and do. It's a blast.

Anybody else here ride a motorcycle?

Jemsee
04-20-2002, 07:07 AM
It has been some nice weather for a bike ride.
Enjoy and be safe.:)

Cronic
04-20-2002, 07:26 AM
I don't ride, but I know all about bikes (family stuff) so I can share the pride... Happy holliday man... I'm celebrating in spirit ; )

(This post made at 4:20 AM pac)

Zaphod Q. IX
04-20-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
I don't ride, but I know all about bikes (family stuff) so I can share the pride...
cool...
My dad always had motorcycles when we were growing up...and we had dirt bikes and three-wheelers. So it was natural for me to buy a street bike when I grew up, I guess...
here's a picture of my bike (not mine, but the exact same one):
http://www.650central.com/thumbnails/thumbnail_pix/robertbusch2.gif
I love my motorcycle. It's only 7:30 a.m. here, so I can't start it up yet. :(
It will be time to go play with it soon though.

Happy holliday man... I'm celebrating in spirit ; )

(This post made at 4:20 AM pac)
It's 4:20 all day here man. :D

Cronic
04-20-2002, 07:54 AM
Hehe ever see an early 70s HD pan head in all it's seperate parts :D It's crazy shit... My family put together bikes for a hobby so I got to see some really neat vintage bikes restored... It was good stuff.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Actually, I have...it was cool as hell. :D

Mine's an 83 yamama 650 heritage special...classic rice-burner baby! I love classic bikes, and plan on getting as many old japanese bikes as I can.

Mine is a restoration in progress. It's beautiful, only a few things left to do...like paint the gas tank and get a new seat (there's a 1/4 inch long rip in it:( )
Now I just gotta find a small bike for ck to ride... ;)

Cronic
04-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Lol when I was growin up man my mom would throw a yearly weekend long BBque where they would slaughter thier own hog roast it in a pit (I was opposed of course ) andfrom there they would all save a little bit of cash here and there throughout the year and buy a "rice burner" to hang from an oak trea and... well lets see... They hit it with sticks... shot at it... threw rocks, and eventually the carcass was burned... hehe good times ;)

Zeo
04-20-2002, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Potday...............

Have fun .

Anyway, back to Bikes.

MOTORCYCLES RULE!

I wish I had a place to ride though (and a bike to replace my old 80, which I'm probably still light enough to use it if I still had it, but it would be some what underpowered at this point)

But the 250 Fourwheeler has been sitting for YEARS! No where to go ride dirt equippment.