PDA

View Full Version : N64 games....

Dechipher
04-20-2002, 02:19 AM
the adventure ones (DK64, SM64) all sucked. granted , they had some good stuff, btu they all had the samed premise. collect x amount of SOMETHING to proceed to the next level. no "just get past the level" , you had to reahc certain goals. I thought that sucked

Cloral
04-20-2002, 02:46 AM
It did get incredibly teedious, especially in DK64. I mean, you had to play every level 5 times!

Daarkseid
04-20-2002, 04:06 AM
I disliked alot of the games on N64, even the ones that were supposed to be good, like Ocarina of Time and Perfect Dark(although, PD had a very fun multiplayer mode). The only N64 game I ever play anymore is Harvest Moon 64(the last game I bought for this god forsaken system).

King Link
04-20-2002, 12:01 PM
I don't know. I enjoyed the games. I'm a die-hard fans of Nintendo games (i.e. Donkey Kong, Zelda, Mario) so I found the games to be really quite enjoyable.

The Thing
04-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by King Link
...I enjoyed the games. I'm a die-hard fans of Nintendo games...

I am a Die-hard Nintendo Fan too.

I played those games and enjoyed them the first time around but the second and third just got boring.

Mak-X
04-20-2002, 01:33 PM
Super Mario 64 did the whole item collecting, complete the level style first. I loved Super Mario 64 and had to get a N64 because of that game. Each time you would reenter a level, it would change slightly as you seeked out another star. It broke away from the past Mario games were you had a map and chose the stage you wanted to go to, and just blasted through a level. You explored the level and completed a objective to get a star, such as beating a boss, collecting 5 red coins, or reaching a area you couldn't get to before. You could run, jump, climb, swim, fly, and slide down a slide. The disappointing part of the game is that there's nothing to do once you get 120 stars (which aren't required to finish the game).

Banjo-Kazooie had the same gameplay style of Super Mario 64, but improved upon it greatly. You had to explore the world and find out where the puzzle pieces were. The teamwork gameplay of usign Banjo-Kazooie really made the game with all the moves they could do.

Donkey Kong 64 basically repeated Banjo-Kazooie, but did too much and just wasn't as innovative as Banjo-Kazooie or fresh. It was basically just another Banjo-Kazooie with more massive worlds, and 5 characters. It didn't feel like Donkey Kong Country, and the music used the same instruments as Banjo-Kazooie, losing the DKC feel. I didn't finish Donkey Kong 64 because it was just too much, and wasn't the same as Banjo-Kazooie.

The whole item collecting thing is what stopped me from finishing Jet Force Gemini, where you have to find all the Tribals hidden in every stage and recover the lost ship parts. There's no compass or anything to give you a clue as to where you might find them.

I never played Banjo-Tooie but I'd like to someday.

Dirk the Daring
04-22-2002, 11:10 AM
I'll agree with Mak, I enjoyed them, I really liked, and still do, the Banjo's. I enjoy those types of games, and I loved Ocarina, never played Majoria's. Anyone play Conker's?

mike5000
04-22-2002, 01:07 PM
I liked SuperMairo 64 but I thought DK64 sucked!

mrz84
04-22-2002, 01:20 PM
i sort liked sm64. plaued dk64 only once but couldnt get the hang of it. then PD was probably one of the best things to happen to the n64 since.....OoT. then MM, MM64, and OB64. :drool: :kawaii:

SiliconHero
04-22-2002, 02:35 PM
I haven't played that many N64 games. The only one I really liked was Perfect Dark. Nothing else on the system impressed me that much.