PDA

View Full Version : The Four Spirits of the Spheres

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-19-2002, 11:48 AM
These are the Four Spirits of the Spheres, and they come upon the Wind, and they are Things of Wind and Fire: the First comes from the North, and is called USTUR, and has a Human Shape. And He is the most Ancient of the Four, and a Great Lord of the World. And the Second comes from the East, and is called SED and has the Shape of a Bull, but with a human face, and is very mighty. And the Third comes from the South, and is called LAMAS, and is of the Shape of a Lion, but with a human head, and governs those things of the Flame and the Burning Wind. And the Fourth comes from the West, and is called NATTIG, and is of the Shape of an Eagle, but with a human body, having only the face and wings of an Eagle, with an Eagles's claws. And this Eagle comes from the Sea and is a Great Mystery.

And from Nuzku upon Uru they come, and do not wait, and are always present, and they receive the Wanderers in their Seasons.

DarkPanther
04-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Spheres. They really whip the LAMAS ass.

DarkDragoonX
04-19-2002, 12:30 PM
Um... whatever. I'd love to hear your resoning behind posting this utterly bizzare topic. There isn't even anything to discuss here! All you did was post an excerpt from some weird little book! What kind of response are you expecting, cause I'm in the dark over here.

Draconis
04-19-2002, 01:45 PM
Ibis_god_of_Magicks, if this was not copied from a book, then this exerpt would be a great start to some short stories/a book.

:reading:

Jemsee
04-19-2002, 03:26 PM
This is copyed from a book?
I wonder where the author gets his ideas??
Does this look familiar?
http://invis.free.anonymiser.com/http://www.geocities.com/idowindows_gary/biblepic1.jpg

Revelation 4:7
"And the first living creature is like a lion, and the second living creature is like a young bull, and the third living creature has a face like a man’s, and the fourth living creature is like a flying eagle."

I'm not complaining, lots of good stories come from this source.
I just found the description so vary close had to point it out.

JayeM
04-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Those four spirits are used a lot and stand for the 4 fixed signs of the zodiac: Taurus/bull, Leo/lion, Scorpio/eagle, and Aquarius/human. The directions correspond too.

Menokh
04-19-2002, 08:10 PM
Again I think he is using Sumerian/Babylonian names here.
Which leads me to believe that like the previous threads involving Pazuzu(and otheres), he is getting this form the Necronomicon.

Not to self: dig out my copy of the Necronomicon and check..