PDA

View Full Version : stuck in dungeon door problem

FeretWP
04-19-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi I recently have begun working on a custom quest in ZC 1.90 for kicks mostly. So far it has been filled with learning and fun. I have been using PrinceMSC's Revenge 2 Tileset mostly.

THe problem im currently facing is in my second level/dungeon

Like in Prince MSCs Revenge 2 he has special doors that have an up or down arrow over them which use an instawarp to transport to another room. I have found that a very nice way of handling things and have the warping part (to correct room ironed out) However i run into a problem when i test them. You can enter the warp/stairs fine but when you enter the new room (from the top is where they are) Link gets stuck inside the passage. So my quesiton is this: What could be causing this and what can i do to remedy this problem? Also any other suggestions are welcome.

Kudos.

Feret

Cyclone
04-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Feret, I presume you have a tile warp on the stair area, correct?

I also presume that on screen 2, you have the green box set to a place Link should be able to walk; say, half a tile below the stair?

Cyclone

JayeM
04-19-2002, 12:21 PM
The only thing I can think of is that if you're working with a dungeon dmap, you can't have one of these warp doors with 2 tiles of the edge of the screen (where the regular doors are). Move it one more tile away from the edge of the screen and it should work...if that's the problem.

Cyclone
04-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Oh, duh. A dungeon dMap; that's right, you can't use4 it within the two-tile limit. I think I worked too hard on that Accounting assignment today...

And I meant the blue box above, too. :laughing:

Cyclone

FeretWP
04-19-2002, 10:19 PM
yup used the blue warp location thing,

I will try moving the door that had not occured to me (the warpiong to the right screen is ok link just gets stuck between the door and the regular floor so will try that thanks let you know if it works.

FeretWP
04-21-2002, 08:35 AM
yup moving the doorway down fixed the problem in all cases. Thanks a lot :)

supertails2001
04-21-2002, 11:08 AM
FYI: Use the EDIT button to edit your posts- double posting is frowned upon here.

Oky-day?

Good.

FeretWP
04-22-2002, 10:45 AM
hmm even if they were on different days?

well have to remember the edit function i am used to a different forum system that limits the amount of time you have to edit apost to 30 minutes and then only if you havent posted somewhere else :(

Cyclone
04-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by supertails2001
FYI: Use the EDIT button to edit your posts- double posting is frowned upon here.

supertails, please leave the moderating to the mods. And check the posting dates and times before making any such comments; double-posts on different days, as in a 24 hour period, are permittable.

Cyclone

supertails2001
04-22-2002, 08:52 PM
:redface: OK.

:( Sorry.