PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems

BoubouZ
04-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Hi, just registed but have been following things regularly since I discovered that my favorite game ever - the original Legend of Zelda - was availiable in PC. That was definitely a treat for me - a know fanatic of this game.

Anyways, have a question regarding game sounds. I have the current version of Zelda and have downloaded two custom quests, which both feature music effects but even though I have a sound card that has been detected, i have no music besides the usual game sound effects (sword, stepping effects etc), which also get stuck sometimes and then I hear nothing and have to restart the PC to have any sound at all.

Can anyone help me solve this problem because it does get a bit tiresome to not be able to hear some music. Note, I am running Zelda under Windows ME.

Thanks for your help.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cronic
04-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Try this... Go to your midi settings, and from there select MPU-401 (or something like that) save changes... exit and fire up Zelda Classic... If yours is anything like everyone elses you should have roarin sound in no time ;)

So ya gonna build a quest :D ?

BoubouZ
04-22-2002, 03:09 AM
It did work. I now have roaring sound and the game is much more fun. Thanks for your help.

I am still checking to see whether I can make my own quest - probably will try it - some time.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

texasdex
04-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Wether you can make your own quest? Anybody can make their own quest. Even you ;)

Yeah I had the sound problem too. I just went and tried each option till one worked. No problem. And I'm gland to hear you like ZC so much. Hopefully in the Windows version that is upcoming (slowly but steadily) you and whoever else downloads this program will have roaring sound, unless they have no sound card to speak of.