PDA

View Full Version : Translucency pics?

Dark Nation
04-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Anyone got any screens that make impressive use of the translucency feature? Where it is blatently obvious that translucency is in effect? I was thinking about announcing this feature as a very possible addition, but I'd rather use pics that look better than the foggy sanctuary that I showed all of you.

If anyone has any good screens, make a snapshot (during gameplay) and e-mail the pic to me at [email protected]. I'll post the best ones with my announcement.

Warlock
04-19-2002, 10:28 AM
The fog I made in Lost woods doesn't look too bad.. I can prob. take a couple of that

Cronic
04-19-2002, 10:41 AM
I thought the fog in newfirst came out looking too much like... I dunno yellow mustard gas? I fiddled around with it some and found it looks much more like actual fog (to me at least) if you make it consist mostly of black and dark greys... It blended very well with everything else whereas the yellow theme tended to change colors way too much ;)

plith
04-19-2002, 11:35 AM
I'll see if I can't put together an effect of light beams in one of my dungeons :tongue:.

KJAZZ
04-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Raichu86AGN: "Anyone here ever play Jazz Jackrabbit 2? Ever make levels with the Jazz Creation Station? When (if) completed, this stuff will work like that." - Dark Nation
SBKJAZZ: lol
SBKJAZZ: I do!
SBKJAZZ: When did he write that
SBKJAZZ: Find me that post now!
Raichu86AGN: Its in the CQ Contest forum
SBKJAZZ: ....
SBKJAZZ: nnoooo
Raichu86AGN: :-(

I use JCS! Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Zelda Classic, and RPG Maker 2000. My programs of choice! :thumbsup: JJ2 inspired me for this name. (KJAZZ)

Back on topic, I'll try to get a cool effect for you in a little bit..you're never on AIM tho..I guess I should just email it to you or upload it to my site..which do you prefer?

plith
04-19-2002, 12:32 PM
All righty then:

http://phantom5.netfirms.com/sunlight1.jpghttp://phantom5.netfirms.com/sunlight2.jpg

Warlock
04-19-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
I thought the fog in newfirst came out looking too much like... I dunno yellow mustard gas? I fiddled around with it some and found it looks much more like actual fog (to me at least) if you make it consist mostly of black and dark greys... It blended very well with everything else whereas the yellow theme tended to change colors way too much ;)

I tried that and it just made everything grey