PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars presumptions

bigjoe
04-19-2002, 02:10 AM
There is a hell of a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes in Star Wars ....

This thread is for presumptions, theories , and rumors about stuff that has happened in the Star Wars universe.

Here are mine.

1. Shmi Skywalker(Anakin's mother) dies at the hands of Darth Maul in Episode I

I had come to this assumption after watching Episode I for the second time. Here are the things that led me to beleive this:

Darth Mauls probes had gotten a good look at all that went on in Mos Espa. I am quite certain that they were present during almost every scene revolving around Qui-Gon Jinn. However, Darth Maul was hesitant to slay the Jedi Master because his true mission at that time was to locate and capture Queen Amidala.

It is quite possible that his probes silently watched as Qui Gon reported the existence of young Anakin Skywalker. This information was more than likely relayed back to Palpatine.

Quoting Darth Maul "Fear... Fear attracts the fearful, the strong, the weak, the innocent,
the corrupt. Fear... Fear is my ally."

Anakin Skywalker's biggest fear was that something would happen to his mother while he left to be trained as a Jedi.

Also , in a novelization , Anakin , while locating the crystals for his first lightsaber, had a vision of Darth Maul and Shmi....

Finally , although this detail is small it is very important. Notice how Darth Maul approaches Anakin and Qui Gon FROM THE DIRECTION OF MOS ESPA... as if he had travelled there personally.

2.Darth Maul will appear in Episode II, possibly in a vision...

Well there are two things that lead me to beleive this.

First off, Luke encountered Vader, the slayer of Obi Wan , in a vision , during Episode 5. What does that have to do with this? Well it shows the likelihood of Anakin experiencing something similar, and falling to the Dark Side.

Also , during the teaser, who is the unlucky guy who gets decapitated by Skywalker? Notice the horns on his head ..... Like father like son...

Couple this with what(I beleive) happened to Shmi Skywalker, and Darth Maul appearing in a vision would seem like quite a likely scenario ...

Now , can someone follow this up with opinions and perhaps more assumptions?

Starkist
04-19-2002, 02:21 AM
I gave in to the Dark Side and read the script, so I won't say anything.

bigjoe
04-19-2002, 02:33 AM
3. Obi Wan's victory over Darth Maul was not coincidental!

"Always two there are, no more , no less..."

If the above two are true , then Darth Sidious was aware that Anakin Skywalker was born through only the will of the Force. Learning of this , he decided that he would sacrifice his apprentice so that he could train a more powerful one.

Darth Maul was ordered to slay Jedi master Qui Gon Jinn and submit to the assault of Obi Wan. But he did get to have his time before hand. :evil:

Why spare Obi Wan? Well, under Qui Gon's training Anakin had a greater chance of staying within the will of the Jedi. However , Obi Wan was not as experienced...

I think Darth Maul could have easily slain Obi Wan and even contemplated it during his final moments. However he did as his master wished and let Obi Wan have his victory. Darth Maul's defeat would only serve the greater evil..

The entire battle was constructed to hide a deeper and more evil agenda....

richeva
04-19-2002, 02:48 AM
Hey, starkist, where did you see the script?

CH@O$
04-19-2002, 03:20 AM
Anakin will almost die in his training

obi
04-19-2002, 05:58 AM
My brother is gonna see episode 2's firtst british screening for part of his media college course.
I myself, cannot wait to see ATTACK OF THE CLONES !

Overlord
04-19-2002, 11:37 AM
He probably read it from a similar place to what i did. I've been top of the spoiler chain for months now in Episode II, and I can answer a few of your questions BigJoe without assumption, and without giving too much away.

The person Anakin beheads in the teaser is a tusken raider.

Darth Maul IS NOT in Episode 2 in any form. He may appear in a vision in the novel, but he's not in the movie as far as I know. We have Darth Tyranus to look forward too! who needs Maul. Although Qui-Gon Jinn had an apprentice before Obi-Wan, it would tie it together if (assumption) Khamir Saron was his apprentice, Khamir Saron is the true identity of Darth Maul, Jinn would never have known under all those tatoos.

Shmi is killed in Episode II, at the very start, although we don't see it onscreen it is in the novel. And Maul has nothing to do with it, and as far as is apparent, neither does Palpatine.

A few useless facts I thought people might like to know (these aren't spoilers as most of them don't appear in the movie, but are in the visual dictionary etc..):

The Jedi have a dress code (wouldn't you know it) that Anakin does not adhere to.

Ki-Adi-Mundi is now a Jedi Master.

Yoda's Lightsaber is in his cane. (no shit)

The markings on a Sith Holocron appear to resemble the layout to the Emperor's Throne Room in Return of the Jedi.

Obi-Wan's Lightsaber replaces the one he lost when he fought Maul, it is "almost" identical.

Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) was the Master of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Count Dooku was the Padawan of Master Yoda.

Count Dooku uses "Form 2" Lightsaber Fighting, as opposed to Obi-Wan's "Form 4" and Mace Windu uses "Form 7" (beats me)

Starkist
04-19-2002, 07:37 PM
A little late, but SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-p

I'll say this much, Anakin gets his rear end toasted in the lightsaber duel.

Overlord
04-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Hehe, you and I know what's coming Starkist :D A little annoying that we know just how awesome this movie is gonna be, yet some people just won't see it because episode 1 supposedly sucked.

Question: Are you going spoiler free for episode 3 Starkist? Or are you gonna indulge... if you're thinking of indulging, use the episode 3 spoiler forums at Theforce.net, if you haven't already ;)

Starkist
04-20-2002, 01:08 AM
I hope to be spoiler free.... I'm just too impatient. First I just watched the trailers... then I read the rumors.... then I totally gave in and read the script.

The only thing it does to me though is prevent any major surprises. I'm still going to enjoy the movie though! I'll cringe as I watch poor Anakin slide into darkness, not even knowing it... I'll be sad as I see his love for Padme which will only end in tragedy...

Overlord
04-20-2002, 01:54 AM
Heh, I fell into the spoilers in a similar way, I was searching ages ago for info on Darth Maul and the sith lords. Came across some rumors on the name Darth Tyranus.. my interest in the sith being what it is, I searched for the name, which led me to some forums.. gone, addicted.

But I haven't been spoiled, I'm looking forward to the movie all the more now I know what happens. And it's also nice to place every scene in the trailers with the rumors you've heard ;)

I think I'm gonna indulge for episode III. It'll be the last chance for spoilers in the star wars universe.