PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario World X?

Overlord
04-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Listed as coming to GameCube, granted, my source is Cinescape Online, but I thought it interesting enough to discuss.. what is it? Could it be a (finally) proper 3d sequel to Super Mario World? Or is it a dumb title change from a previous game..

they also list Final Fantasy for GameCube..

Anyone have any idea?

mrz84
04-19-2002, 12:58 AM
how i wish i knew.....:kawaii:

The Silent Assassin
04-19-2002, 02:14 AM
IGN said it was just a test page for Super Mario Sunshine, which came directly from a NOA rep.

Mak-X
04-19-2002, 09:59 AM
I hope they're not giving Mario Sunshine the Super Mario World name...I'd like to see it kept as Super Mario Sunshine and not changed, even though Sunshine is a little goofy. Mario Sunshine shouldn't be called SMW anyways, its more akin to Super Mario 64 (but you wouldn't call it SM64 2).

Overlord
04-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Which is why I fervently "hoped" SMWX was a true game, and SM Sunshine just another spin off gamelike Mario Party.. anyhow, guess we'll see what's going on in the big N's heads when E3 rocks around again.

meeeee
04-19-2002, 01:12 PM
Have they released any info on the gcn ff games?

Mak-X
04-19-2002, 02:01 PM
Super Mario Sunshine is a sequel of sorts to Super Mario 64. So don't worry about it being a spin off series. Although from what I've seen it doesn't seem to be the real Super Mario gameplay we're used to but its suppose to play like SM64 so...

The Silent Assassin
04-19-2002, 02:15 PM
The FF GCN games are supposedly going to be based on a Japanese FF TV series.

vegeta1215
04-19-2002, 03:31 PM
I can't wait till the next installment of Super Mario Advance comes out. From what I've heard it's gonna be Super Mario Bros 3! I can't wait for that.

Don't get me wrong, SMW was awesome, but I played it and complete it on SNES. I don't need SMA2 to play it again. And a sequel would be cool, I'd probably get that. But Mario 3, come on! That game is the best!

The reason I got Mario DX, and SMA was because i had never beat Mario 1 or 2 on NES! (yes it's sad), nor Mario 3! (I never beat Bowsers castle, let alone get there without warping) SO it'll be cool to play mario 3 all the way through in remade GBA grfx

Warlock
04-19-2002, 03:35 PM
I don't think I'd buy it if it was SMB3.. I had the game.. twice.. (the original and All-Stars). I was disappointed enough w/ the first SMB Advance that it wouldn't be worth it.. SMBA2 was awesome tho b/c SMW was awesome and I never actually owned it (although I have beaten it before).

Mak-X
04-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
The reason I got Mario DX, and SMA was because i had never beat Mario 1 or 2 on NES! (yes it's sad), nor Mario 3! (I never beat Bowsers castle, let alone get there without warping) SO it'll be cool to play mario 3 all the way through in remade GBA grfx

I'm sure SMB 3 will just use the Super Mario Allstar graphics like Super Mario Advance, with some minor changes like in SMW and SMB 2.

I think I might have beaten Super Mario Bros. once on the NES. I'm sure I've beaten it in Super Mario Allstars. Super Mario Bros. 2 is pretty short when you use all the warps and pass a bunch of places in World 5 and 6. I liked the last 2 levels in the game of World 7. The last one was really big and you had lots of places to go to. The ending was pretty cool with Mario's sleeping animation.

I haven't had much of a reason to get any of the Game Boy Mario rereleases since I played those games so much on the NES and SNES. I'd still like to get them but don't need them unless I needed a game for a trip or wanted to play them again away from home. If a Zelda game comes out, I'll buy it immediatley.

It's kinda weird that Nintendo didn't do Super Mario Bros. 3 before Super Mario World (which is Super Mario Bros. 4 in Japan). Maybe they want it to be "Super Mario Advance 3: Super Mario Bros. 3". It's almost like they keep hinting and building up attention for SMB 3 with that tune in Luigi's Mansion and the SMB 3 music track in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
It's kind of funny that the Raccoon Mario trophy compares the Raccoon tail ability to the Cape in Super Mario World, when SMB 3 was made first. It's because of the GBA releases.

vegeta1215
04-19-2002, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I wondered that too (about releasing SMA2 with SMW before SMB3), but then again, it would be weird to say: Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario Bros 3.

If they re-released any Zelda on GBA, I'd grab it up in a flash, esp. Zelda or Zelda II

King Link
04-19-2002, 04:40 PM
As would I. There have been some screens floating around the net that some think are of Zelda Advance, but it's too hard to make out.