PDA

View Full Version : Transparency suggestion

Warlock
04-18-2002, 11:33 PM
I know you don't like suggestions in here, but you also don't want to tell ppl about the transparencies either so I don't really have a choice ;)

Anyways, my suggestion is to allow us to set which CSet is used to tabulate the alternate colors. This might help with getting some better looking results.. for example, I couldn't make my waterfall transparent b/c it just turns all grey and looks like crap. But if I could tell it to only use my blue cset, it could still remain all blue but w/ darker areas to indicate the background..

Also (because I don't think it does this now but maybe I'm wrong?), it would be nice if it could use the full set of CSets being displayed instead of just the one currently having a transparency over it.

Just a couple suggestions..

Cloral
04-18-2002, 11:57 PM
Try pressing b and see if it looks better.

Warlock
04-19-2002, 12:00 AM
I did... It really likes to make pretty much everything grey..

Dark Nation
04-19-2002, 08:11 AM
The translucency table uses all 256 colors in the palette. that includes the maps csets, the system csets, the enemy csets (which might make things interesting when you walk into a dark room with a translucent layer), and even the 16 left over colors that ZQuest itself uses (which is why screens can look a little different in ZQuest than in ZC, since ZC has different colors in those 16 slots).

I can check into limiting what colors translucency uses, but no guarantees. This will probably require rebuilding the translucency table on every screen (which can cause problems if 2 screens have different translucency cset limits).