PDA

View Full Version : Bug not getting fixed?

DarkFlameWolf
04-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Yes, I know we've been pointing out all these bugs and errors and you're squashing them good in the latest betas. But what if the no-combo page type beta doesn't go through and fails? Then we have to resort back to upgrading 152. All the bugs you squashed earlier in the betas past 152 will no longer be fixed and will still be there. I suggest fixing bugs in both versions just in case. Because, personally, I don't quite trust this new 'no-combo' page thing and also don't like the fact that you now have to alter every quest made before 153 so that it'll actually work in the newest betas. So.....I just want to know what is going to happen.

plith
04-18-2002, 03:58 PM
I think... if the no combo page thing doesn't fully work... then DN might simply remove that part from the code... though I can't say which way would be easier....

Cyclone
04-18-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
...and also don't like the fact that you now have to alter every quest made before 153 so that it'll actually work in the newest betas.

Actually, just keep working on your beta 152 quest as per usual, and makea COPY for beta 155, 156, 157, etc.

And keep workingwith 152 until I upgrade further at the QDB, if I even upgrade further.

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Um, you don't have to alter every quest made before beta 153 to work with the new betas. They will still work. It's just that the combo page for the secret combos will be determined by the combo page of the secret combo template screen. Usually, this isn't a problem, as all the screens on one map usually have the same combo page. However, in a few cases, more than one combo page exists for a map or the secret combo template screen was, for some strange reason, saved with a different combo page than the combo pages of the other screens on the same map. While those quests will play, they will have some graphical bugs unless they are fixed.

DarkFlameWolf
04-18-2002, 04:57 PM
which will practically be....ALL my quests. -_-

Cronic
04-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Yeash my quests overworld currently consists of 5 or 6 different combo pages... my one completed dungeon has 2.

Dark Nation
04-18-2002, 05:36 PM
The only other solution I know of is to store all the information in each screen. The secret combos, their csets, their flags, the doors, their csets.

*sigh* Back to work, I guess. This will take a while. It may be a week or more before I can get a new beta out. I also have a final project due for my Artificial Intelligence class that I haven't started on yet. I have to hand it in on April 25.

Cronic
04-18-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
The only other solution I know of is to store all the information in each screen. The secret combos, their csets, their flags, the doors, their csets.

*sigh* Back to work, I guess. This will take a while. It may be a week or more before I can get a new beta out. I also have a final project due for my Artificial Intelligence class that I haven't started on yet. I have to hand it in on April 25.

It's cool man... Youve been workin hard for us :) Besides we all knew redoing the combo structure would be quite the task.

DarkFlameWolf
04-19-2002, 12:08 AM
Well it'd be better if we didn't have to edit our old quests to get them played again. And it wouldn't be just another 'simple' graphical glitch. What if someone superbombed a wall whose combo page was different than the base combo page for the secret combo screen? (screen 83,84) Well not only would there be a graphical glitch, it would also disable any players from being able to go into that cave that had to be superbombed. This is bad for quests like Fragments of Power where super bomb is essential to getting into level 9. And without it, the player CANNOT complete the quest.
And I'm also using the multiple combo pages for the same special combo screen like Vel and Darth Chronic in my contest entry. and I have around 6-8 combo pages alone on each overworld map. So its very infuriating to find out that the most efficient way of doing things is also the easiest way to make our quest unplayable.

Cyclone
04-19-2002, 12:28 AM
Don't worry, DN. I have an Accounting assignment due before the end of...well, I guess it's today (Friday). And I have one section that I haven't touched yet.

Guess what I'm doing at 7 a.m. or so...

Cyclone