PDA

View Full Version : what do you think the spiderman movie is going to be like?

Chooch
04-18-2002, 09:15 AM
spiderman is so badass and i think the movie is going to be cool, i don't know if the guy they having playing spiderman is the right one. But as soon as it comes out goatboy and i are going to go see it.

Hermit
04-18-2002, 09:35 AM
This belongs in General Entertainment Disucssion ;)

You'd get better results to your question in there.

moocow
04-18-2002, 10:10 AM
Technically, it can be here, because this is General Discussion... ya'll can talk about whatever you want to here.

Anyway... Spiderman does look like a pretty kick ass movie, I'll make Glitch take me to see it.

Hermit
04-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Well, technically anything from any other forum could be here.

That's why they have their own :rolleyes:

If everyone used that technicality, the entire board would be in GD.

vegeta1215
04-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Ooh man, I can't wait for the Spider-Man movie! Spider-Man comics are the only ones I really got into (and I have a few valuable ones too!). I think Spider-man will be better than the X-Men movie - and we all know how cool that was.

Also, I think Green Goblin was as excellent choice for a villain. When I heard a Spider-man movie was being made, I already had a hunch they'd have him for a villain. If they make a sequel after this one, they'd better have Venom as the villain or something!

Glitch
04-18-2002, 11:40 AM
:D I'll be seeing it the night before it comes out *dances a jig* ahh, the benefits of working at a movie theatre

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-18-2002, 12:44 PM
IMHO, the movie will be horrible.
Why? A lot of things.

First off, let me tell you that I'm just being anal because I'm such a big Spider-Man fan. Vegeta1215, you think your a fan? I have over two thousand issues. I have the entire series run of Sensational Spider-Man. Let me assure you that I am the Spider-Man expert here at AGN.

That being said....

1. The Spider-Man costume looks awful. The webbing on the costume isn't overlaping the costume, it is the Seam...grr
2. The actor for Parker is wrong.
3. The actor for Mary Jane, is wrong.
4. The costume for the Green Goblin is even worse thatn spidey's. That make it out to be a cyberneticaly enhanced suit, when in fact it was just a goblin mask, some green spandex and a loin cloth. The serum Osborn created gave him the streangth, not some cybernitcally enhanced costume...

I realize I'm just being anal...so I'm gonna stop...and just leave it at that...

Hermit
04-18-2002, 12:54 PM
I don't think they base things like costumes and such on the comics in any way (with the exception of the Superman/Captain America movies. I know I'm leaving a couple oldies out, most of the old movies were costume perfect).

You mentioned X-Men... none of them wore anything related to their comic costumes. Personally I thought that movie sucked myself, being an avid X-Men fan for quite some time now.

It's the 00's. Red and Blue spandex with black seams just doesn't cut it anymore. So they have to make everything flashy :shrug:

They made him look like a friggen alien though. Oh well...

DarkPanther
04-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Ooh man, I can't wait for the Spider-Man movie! Spider-Man comics are the only ones I really got into (and I have a few valuable ones too!). I think Spider-man will be better than the X-Men movie - and we all know how cool that was.

Also, I think Green Goblin was as excellent choice for a villain. When I heard a Spider-man movie was being made, I already had a hunch they'd have him for a villain. If they make a sequel after this one, they'd better have Venom as the villain or something!

You friggin' rock dood.

My personal opinion is that it's gonna 0wn the box office for a week or two. :bigthumbsup:

Dirk the Daring
04-18-2002, 01:36 PM
I am an avid fan too, I have read/collected The Amazing, The Spectacular, and Peter Parker, and although there are some differences, I will see the movie. I am looking forward to seeing him on the big screen. I think Sam Raimi will do a good job, I really liked DarkMan, which he also directed. The biggest thing for me to get over is that Spidey will shoot out the web from his own body instead of the mechanical wristband with the trigger in the palm of his hand. Raimi's said "that it was more credible to have Peter shoot web this way than for a high school boy to be able to produce a wonder adhesive in his spare time that 3M could not make". I don't know.....

Hermit
04-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Yeah that's going to be stupid. The web shooting thing. Parker knows how to make it because he took on the traits of a spider when he was bitten by it.

Silly movie people...

One thing I'll say about Hollywood... they sure know how to fuck everything up.

Oh I see... so a man shooting webs out of his body is more credible than a guy making webs that shoot out of wristband triggers.

*Marks that one in the "Dumbest Shit I've Heard All Day" column*

vegeta1215
04-18-2002, 03:24 PM
To Ibis_god_of_Magicks:

Would you have rather had Norman Osbourn run around in green tights? LOL, that would've been so queer. I think the cybernetic thing is awesome. It doesn't have to be exactly like the comic.

Sensational Spider-Man? I only have comics from the Amazing, Spectacular, and Web of series. Those were original 3 series. Besides, I stopped collecting years ago. My prize comics (to me anyways) include:

- Secret Wars #8: first appearance of black costume!
- Amazing Spider-man #252 : first appearance of the black costume on Spidey in Amazing series
- Amazing #361 first appearance of Carnage
- Web of Spider-man #1, signed my the artist, limited edition
- Spectacular Spider-man #1
- All but 2 parts of Maximum Carnage

In case you haven't notcied, I'm a Symbiote freak. Spidey, Venom and Carnage are my favs. The only ones I really wanna get are the rest of Maximum Carnage, and Amazing #300, first appearance of Venom :D

theplustwo
04-18-2002, 04:30 PM
the movie looks pretty corny from the preview 'you do to much, you're not superman, you know'

of course it could just be a classic case of 'suckypreview'

But I'll probly see it with my friend ian anyhow, he is a movie/comic phreak.

Edit: it's spiderfran, of cube.ign.com fame!!

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/spiderfran2002.jpg

mrz84
04-18-2002, 08:16 PM
well i expect the movie to be ok. the only thing that probably be left out no matter what will be the world trade center (why must people complain about movies with them in it after that day and that it should be edited?:confuse2: ) i for one dont really care about that, but ill see the movie if possible. :kawaii:

Ibis, God of Magicks
04-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
To Ibis_god_of_Magicks:

Would you have rather had Norman Osbourn run around in green tights? LOL, that would've been so queer. I think the cybernetic thing is awesome. It doesn't have to be exactly like the comic.

Sensational Spider-Man? I only have comics from the Amazing, Spectacular, and Web of series. Those were original 3 series. Besides, I stopped collecting years ago. My prize comics (to me anyways) include:

- Secret Wars #8: first appearance of black costume!
- Amazing Spider-man #252 : first appearance of the black costume on Spidey in Amazing series
- Amazing #361 first appearance of Carnage
- Web of Spider-man #1, signed my the artist, limited edition
- Spectacular Spider-man #1
- All but 2 parts of Maximum Carnage

In case you haven't notcied, I'm a Symbiote freak. Spidey, Venom and Carnage are my favs. The only ones I really wanna get are the rest of Maximum Carnage, and Amazing #300, first appearance of Venom :D

Okay, just to clarify, Amazing is the Original Series. It premiered in 1963. Spectacular Spider-Man came out in 1976. Web was next in 1985. Peter Parker, Spider-Man debuted in 1990. Sensational Spider-Man came out in 1995. Web of Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man ended in 1996. Sensational Spider-Man ended in 1999.

You said you had Peter Parker, Spider-Man #1? Wich cover? There was the regular colored cover, a Black and Silver Cover, and a Black and Gold Cover. -I have all three ;)

You’re a symbiote fan huh? Here’s some suggested reading:

Carnage: It’s a wonderful Life.
A one-shot book, Spider-Man goes into the twisted mind of Carnage.
Venom: License to Kill
A 3part Mini-Series. The FBI gives Brock a Badge and a License to Kill in hopes of taking down a drug cartel.
Venom on Trail
A 3-Parter, Spider-Man and Dare Devil Defend Venom on trail for his crimes against humanity.

Prize of My Collection:

Web of Spider-Man #1
Spider-Man #1, All three covers
Amazing Spider-Man # 151, First app. & Death of the Spider-Clone
X-Men #80, Alt. Cover, Signed by artist and Writer, And numbered 342 of 10,000
Uncanny X-Men #360, Alt. Cover, Signed by artist and writer, And numbered 4,621 of 10,000
Spider-Girl #1, Signed and numbered 266 of 2,500
Entire Series run of Spider-Girl
Entire Series run of Spider-Woman
Entire Series run of Sensational Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-man #252
Amazing Spider-Man #361
Entire Series run of untold tales of Spider-Man
Entire Series run of Spider-Man Team-Up
Entire Series run of Webspinners: Tales of Spider-Man
Entire Series run of The Adventures of Spider-Man
What if? #88 The Greatest Spidey Story EVER told IMHO

I've got more, But I don't feel like listing them. :)

Anywho...
-I am HIGHLY annoyed about the webshooter thing. I mean, WTF. Sounds like they are mixing Venoms powers with Spidey's...grr...

vegeta1215
04-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Sweet man, you have a very nice collection too ;)

I should have been more specific when I said 'original' series. I knew Amazing came first, then Spectacular, then Web, and many others to follow. I only have stuff from those 3 series.

I don't have Peter Parker, Spider-man #1. I just have Spectacular Spider-man #1 and Web of Spider-man #1 (signed by artist).

Thanks for the recomendations. I have Carnage it's a wonderful life :D that book is awesome. In fact, When it came out, the guy at the comic store let me buy it, but not my friend (even though he was older than me, he was really immature, lol).

I also need to pick up the Separation Anxiety books, the ones with the couple different symbiote spawns (like the girl one with red and orange costume)