PDA

View Full Version : Miyamoto's game credits

vegeta1215
04-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Anyone have a link to a webpage with all the games Shigeru Miyamoto has 'created' or designed? I used to know of a site but I can't find the site anymore :(

The main reason is because my friend says he came up with the idea for Metroid, and I say he didn't. Even so, I'd like a list of his games anyways.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 09:29 PM
www.zelda.com

Go to the Zelda64 Official Site

Go to "Legend of Miyamoto"...a flash file of all his games.

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Gumpie Yoko created Metroid.
www.classicgaming.com/mdb if you want proof
I think he headed one of Nintendo's original teams, and even supervised Miyamoto when he was called upon to create a new arcade game (Donkey Kong) to replace Radarscope.
He also created Game Boy and Virtual Boy.

vegeta1215
04-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Where is it on zelda.com? I don't see a "Legend of Miyamoto" anywhere, do I need to login?

Ah, nevermind! I found the site I used to go to by searching for Legend of Miyamoto at google, thanks TSA! I knew Miyamoto didn't invent Metroid! He just helped with it.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 09:35 PM
He also made Gameboy and Virtual boy, left Nintendo after the shame of VB, got into a freack accident and died.

He was in a car crash, was fine...got out to see if the other guy was ok, and was hit by a car when walking to the other vehicle.

mrz84
04-17-2002, 09:56 PM
He was in a car crash, was fine...got out to see if the other guy was ok, and was hit by a car when walking to the other vehicle. hmmm, i heard he died in a car crash. didnt know the particulars though. damn shame. he made one of the greatest handhelds in gaming history. :kawaii:

vegeta1215
04-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Gumpei Yokoi, he made Metroid...and Gameboy! :cry:

MegaMan3000
04-17-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

He was in a car crash, was fine...got out to see if the other guy was ok, and was hit by a car when walking to the other vehicle.
Tis a shame he made one of my favriote handheld systems

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 11:13 PM
Miyamoto did...

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong 3
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 1-4
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario 64
Starfox
The Legend of Zelda
Pikmin

There's a lot of games to name, and some he might only have been involved in, like Majora's Mask and Oracle of Ages and Seasons. I can't list them all except the major ones. I'm not leaving stuff out from what I just wrote, I just realized there's a whole lot I could name that I'm not sure of and would make a long list. He's involved in some way with just about all of Nintendo's first party games.

Dracula
04-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Gumpei Yokoi, he made Metroid...and Gameboy! :cry:

He made...

Metroid, Kid Icarus, Game and Watch, Game Boy (original and pocket) Virtual Boy, and he worked halfway through Wonderswan... The poor man died by getting hit by a car... :cry:

Dart Zaidyer
04-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Maybe it was an organized hit by the Japanese Mafia in retaliation to Yokoi's leaving Nintendo! :eek:

vegeta1215
04-18-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Dart_Zader
Maybe it was an organized hit by the Japanese Mafia in retaliation to Yokoi's leaving Nintendo! :eek:

Dude...that's just not right...

mrz84
04-18-2002, 07:45 PM
Maybe it was an organized hit by the Japanese Mafia in retaliation to Yokoi's leaving Nintendo! :eek: that makes as much sense as the preview of episode 2: attack of the clones. :kawaii: