PDA

View Full Version : Recognize this? No promises though....

DarkFlameWolf
04-17-2002, 08:00 PM
http://glenn.armageddongames.com/level1.jpg

C-Dawg
04-17-2002, 08:01 PM
You know.... I've often wondered why people use the Stairs Up and Stairs Down doors and then have them both linked to what is obviously the same floor of the dungeon. Does that bother anyone else?

-C

DarkFlameWolf
04-17-2002, 08:03 PM
Well note: this is based on something that doesn't have multiple floors. So I can't break that mold. But not to worry, my contest entry will have stairs going up and down ACTUAL levels. *gasp*

plith
04-17-2002, 08:06 PM
I think he means: why are you using stairs at all?

And yes, C-Dawg, it bothers me too. Don't worry. You're not alone. *pats C-Dawg's shoulder*

C-Dawg
04-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Good... I get so cold and scared when I'm alone...

DarkFlameWolf
04-17-2002, 09:14 PM
well, I can tell right now I should stop making this quest. And furthermore, stop making my contest entry. Since it seems no one gives a shit and doesn't have any respect for what others do.
Anyone, close this now.

Praethus
04-17-2002, 09:31 PM
You shouldn't let the comments of a few people get on your nerves. Just because some people aren't interested in what you make doesn't mean that the rest of us aren't. That's why you should keep working. There are actually some of us who will play your quests.

Teilyr
04-17-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
well, I can tell right now I should stop making this quest. And furthermore, stop making my contest entry. Since it seems no one gives a shit and doesn't have any respect for what others do.
Anyone, close this now. Fuck them, Wolfy. Do it for yourself, and those that'll actually respect you for it in the end. Despite your beliefs, I'm pretty sure you've impressed at least 1 or 2 people.

e3h3
04-17-2002, 09:47 PM
I like what I see, but it's only a small sample, not enough to really critique your quest.

Nick
04-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Hmm. I see what that is... That's very clever. :)

Don't quit because a few people give you a hard time. If I would have gave in to all the critism I have received lately, I would have quit long before beginning. Keep working and make your quest the way you want it. It really doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. Just make it your way, your style, and however else you wish to do it. The people who do care about the quest will play it. I'm sure it will probably be more than 1 or 2 people.

In other words, "If you build it, they will come". ;)

C-Dawg
04-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Nick is absolutely right. If you arn't doing this because you like it, but because you want to make all the wierdos on the Zelda Classic board say "WOW! Whut a gr8 qest! I cant wate to plae it!", then you're in this game for the wrong reasons ;)

No one is really gonna knock the socks off of anyone else; everyone pretty much knows what to expect, and it's just a game after all. The community isnt here to be dazzled, nor is it here to serve as anyone's personal ego-booster. It's just a place where quest makers can share techniques, aid in development, and collaborate. It's communal, despite what the more competetive among us say.

So geez, stop caring what we think so much.

-C

supertails2001
04-17-2002, 11:21 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better DFW my quest is even worse than that. Don't worry! It's good! You won't come in last!

(Wait a minute I think that was accidentally an insult. Of course her quest is better- mine all stink. Sorry! I meant it as a compliment.)

Cyclone
04-18-2002, 12:59 AM
DFW, if you don't know C-Dawg by now, I want to know what rock you've been hiding under.

Don't pay attention to the opinion of one person. Just keep working on it for you, not for anyone else's jitters. Remember, C-Dawg is also in this contest; do what you can to stand up to him. :)

On that note, I will keep this open...for now. If you still want it closed for some reason, it can be closed later by either me or someone else.

Cyclone

Dark Jim
04-18-2002, 05:38 AM
Cool you should make it. Remakes are always 1st quest so it's good to see a 2nd quest remake. :)

Raichu86
04-18-2002, 10:44 AM
I never did like the up/down stairs thing. When I started using them, I converted them to use passageways, and they all had a down arrow.

Yes, make a 2nd quest remake too. :)

china
04-18-2002, 11:33 AM
Looks awesome, keep up the good work. :thumbsup: Don't mind Plith, he never says anything positive.:blah:

DarkDragoonX
04-18-2002, 11:42 AM
Waitasecond! I just realized that that is the "E" dungeon from the second quest! Very snazzy, DFW, I like what I see.

Cyclone
04-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
Waitasecond! I just realized that that is the "E" dungeon from the second quest!

You just noticed? :eyebrow:

Of course, for completeness, she could've added the wall tile into the blank screens (you know, to give it a "complete" look). But either way, it still looks good. :)

Cyclone

The Silent Assassin
04-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Don't worrry, I recognized it the instant I saw it.

Qale
04-18-2002, 01:11 PM
In Escape from Hyrule I used up/down arrow thingies to competely confuse and annoy people. I thought you'd approve C-Dawg. Heh

Qale