PDA

View Full Version : zelda.com sage questions

theplustwo
04-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know the answers too, or know of a site that lists the answers to the zelda.com sage questions? I know most of them, but I don't own mm or zelda 2 so any assistance would be of help. Thanks!

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 07:49 PM
The one question about the palaces and crystals in the Zelda 2 quiz is screwed up. None of the answers are correct because they gave the wrong information.

theplustwo
04-17-2002, 07:53 PM
:laughing: no wonder I can never get it right.... I wonder when they plan on fixing it...

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
:laughing: no wonder I can never get it right.... I wonder when they plan on fixing it...

Probably never since they screwed up Zelda 2's storyline like the website isn't even by Nintendo the company that made the game. The correct answer in the quiz should be something like "Link retrieved 6 crystals from 6 palaces", where it should really be "Link placed a crystal in each of the 6 palaces".

Rafnul
04-17-2002, 08:00 PM
What?... I don't remember placing any crystals at the palaces... Then again, I don't really remember that game having a storyline either. Just A, B, B, A , B, B , >(and repeat forever):)

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rafnul
What?... I don't remember placing any crystals at the palaces... Then again, I don't really remember that game having a storyline either. Just A, B, B, A , B, B , >(and repeat forever):)

The whole objective of the game was to go from palace to palace defeating the guardian there so Link could place a cyrstal in the head of the statue. After beating the boss, you would walk into the final room where a big statue was. When you walked up to the statue Link stops and a crystal goes into the forehead of the statue. By placing a crystal in each of the 6 palaces, Link would break the binding force on the Great Palace that prevented him from entering and getting the Triforce of Courage.
There's a picture in the manual where Impa actually hands Link the crystals. When you start out at the beginning of the game you already have the 6 crystals. That's why it just annoys me that they could have screwed that up. There's no way it could be a text translation error.

Rafnul
04-17-2002, 08:10 PM
I seriously don't think we can be talking about the same zelda 2... I just beat that game ON THE CONSOLE. I don't remember that at all... I always just beat the boss and it was the end... at least thats what I remember anyways.

You are talking about zelda2:TAoL right?

And isnt Impa a town?

theplustwo
04-17-2002, 08:42 PM
in an attempt to bring this thread further off topic...:blah:

what is the storyline of MM (or as I like to call it, OoT2) anyhow? How does link end up in termina or whatever?

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 08:47 PM
Majora's Mask picks up where Ocarina of Time ends. Zelda gives Link the Ocarina of Time and she feels like she's known Link for some time. Link leaves Hyrule with Epona when he's attacked by a Stalchild (Skullkid?) . Link follows the child to a warp to Termina, a parallel dimension to Hyrule, to get his horse back.

I seriously don't think we can be talking about the same zelda 2... I just beat that game ON THE CONSOLE. I don't remember that at all... I always just beat the boss and it was the end... at least thats what I remember anyways.

You are talking about zelda2:TAoL right?

And isnt Impa a town?

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link is one of my favorite games ever. I have to be one of the biggest fans on this forum of the game. It was the first Zelda game I played.
My avatar is from Zelda 2 <<

Turn the game on and and watch the title screen. Wait for the title to scroll down and the story part to come up. It talks about the Triforce of Courage, the sleeping Princess Zelda, and the crystals Link has to place in the palaces to get to the Great Palace.

Impa was never a town. Impa has always been a nursemaid to Princess Zelda.
The towns in Zelda 2 are:
Rauru
Ruto
Darunia
Saria
Mido
Nabooru
Old Kasuto
New Kasuto

Remember the ending of the game? You fight the Thunderbird and then Link's Shadow (Dark Link). When Link wins, he gets the third piece of the Triforce, the Triforce of Courage. He then goes back to North Castle (the place you start at) and brings the 3 triforce pieces together. The full power of the Triforce breaks the sleeping spell on Princess Zelda and she wakes up.

I understand what you mean though. The game doesn't have much plot in the actual game besides what you find out from the townspeople and what you see from beating the game.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 09:12 PM
Pay no attention to this heathen. I've gotten all the questions correct, so ask away.

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 09:14 PM
That #@&! question is wrong! That's it, I'm taking the Zelda 2 quiz again!

Rafnul
04-17-2002, 09:17 PM
And how many days do you think it will take Mak-x to figure out the "real" answer to the question?

vegeta1215
04-17-2002, 09:19 PM
I passed all the sage tests too. For the most part I got'm on the first shot, but it took me a few tries for Majora's Mask and the Oracle ones.

I checked up on the ones I thought were bogus at first, but they turned out to be correct in the end.

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I checked up on the ones I thought were bogus at first, but they turned out to be correct in the end.

And how many days do you think it will take Mak-x to figure out the "real" answer to the question?

huh? What? Did they actually fix the answers or something? There was one in the Zelda 2 quiz that was wrong about the crystals. I know the Zelda 2 story inside and out.

The site isn't working now. Curses! Curse the Tonberries and TSA! I keep getting an error when I try to log in and take the quiz.

This is exactly what I'm talking about
"Primary Objective: Gather six shards of the Magic Crystal and wake Princess Zelda from her unnatural slumber.

Walkthrough
FAQs
Player's Guide

Story Summary: Ganon was safely sealed in the Dark World, but Link's troubles were not over. A mysterious sorcerer had placed a curse on Princess Zelda, causing her to drift into an eternal sleep. Link learned that the sorcerer had fled to the ancient ruin of the Great Palace, and that the only way to break the seal on the palace gate was to gather the shards of a Magic Crystal. Link accepted this challenge, and successfully defeated the evil magician. "

Ganon is dead the entire game. He cannot be in the Dark World. When you die Ganon's minions take Link's blood and sprinkle it over Ganon's ashes to revive him. That's why you see "Return of Ganon" when you die. The Triforce broke the spell on Zelda, not defeating the "Magician". That Magician died a long time ago when he cast his spell on Zelda.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 09:26 PM
The only ones I got wrong the first time were what sword is needed to beat Ganon in ALttP (they have GOlden, not master) and the Crystal Question (WHICH IS WRONG, MORONS!)

Warlock
04-17-2002, 10:57 PM
There are a couple other ones which are wrong.. I don't remember them off hand. I think there was an OoT one about Cojiro that was wrong.. I don't remember exactly. And it seems like there was a MM question that was wrong too.. or maybe an Oracles question.. I can't remember.. I'd check but like Mak-X said, the site is down (won't let me log in).. I don't think the questions were actually 'wrong', but they were worded very poorly and technically were wrong the way they worded them (you could tell what they were looking for but that was not the correct answer basically)