PDA

View Full Version : Shortcurts dont work

bigjoe
04-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Well my computers off getting fixed, so Im borrowing my moms again. Im having a big problem. Short cuts dont work, and nor does anything in the "My Computer"

MrCow
04-17-2002, 07:40 PM
If it has a anti virus program run a complete scan and see if there are any viruses other then that I have no clue.

theplustwo
04-17-2002, 07:48 PM
you musta hadda reboot or something but all I can think of is to run scandisk, and maybe that'll help. Normally I'm pretty handy with this type of shit, but I've never heard of this happening, so I really don't know how to fix it

Pryme8
04-17-2002, 07:49 PM
what did you do to your computer? cause it sounds like all the directorys got changed...

Rafnul
04-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Sounds more like a registry issue to me. The windows registry doesn't always work the way it should especially when you have certain programs such as, hacking utilities, hex editors, network security software, or just some crap that you don't recognize running in the background. However, it could also have something to do with a dll that imports shortcut information into the registry. Even if it is a virus, whatever it did can be undone. Unfortunately, I just entered the realm of things which I have nearly no idea of what I'm talking about, but I do have a great intuition about these things.

bigjoe
04-18-2002, 12:46 AM
well they work in safe mode but i cant get online in safe mode. BLEH