PDA

View Full Version : Free Ideas for YOU, the Newbie

C-Dawg
04-17-2002, 05:24 PM
I've got a few little ideas that I'm not going to get around to using myself, but that I think could be the doorway by which a N00b upsets the Quest contest, or an oldie makes their quest even better.

Climbing Gear

If you're willing to forgo the flippers, it should be really easy to see how to do this. Remember the Catclaw in FF Mystic Quest? How it let you climb on certain walls? Well, replace the water animation with animation of Link climbing and you have a totally new feature that no other quest has. Making the climbing tiles shouldnt be too much of a challenge. This suggestion is especially directed towards the currently-in-development quests like TSA's and Plith's that could use it, and use it well.

The Guardian Legend 2

Now that we can control the number of hearts needed to shoot lazers, we have a "gun" weapon... with the tiles for new shields, we can change the apperance of Link... take these together, and you could make a functional Guardian Legend game. The tiles are all from NES and easy to import into ZC. The overworld portion is straightforward; for the Corridors, just have the Guardian grab a magic shield under a layer which shows her transforming... and have her shield apperance be a ship. When the corridor is complete, use Like-Likes under a layer to return the Guardian to babe mode. Use combo animated flying scenes with pit warps triggered by defeating waves of enemies... the other implications should be obvious. I'd really like to see someone take up this idea.

Go get 'em, boys.

-C

plith
04-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
This suggestion is especially directed towards the currently-in-development quests like TSA's and Plith's that could use it, and use it well.

That would be a very nice idea... unfortunately, I've already got a lot of water areas planned out, and the flippers are set to be found in one of the minidungeons before Level 3 :shrug:.

Along that same tack, though, you could have the airship. Make the swimming sprites into airship tiles, and have certain points on the overworld that would warp Link to a duplicate overworld, except on this duplicate, everything is a water combo instead. You would then have those same points where Link launched from become landing points, dive warps.

K-Teclis
04-20-2002, 05:23 AM
I had such an idea with Link driving a car!