PDA

View Full Version : Wha?

PrfectGREG
04-17-2002, 03:03 PM
I dont get it, I want to make my CT "Legend of the Forums" but everytime I do it turns into "Legend if the *****s"

Wha??

inori
04-17-2002, 03:05 PM
There are certain words that can't be used in custom titles. One member tried to go for "Australian for Forum Member" and had the same problem. The workaround is to change one of the characters to something else, such as an o with dots above it (like this: ö)

DarkPanther
04-17-2002, 03:07 PM
I assume that's to keep someone from mimicing a higher up and having a custom like "Owner of the Forums" or something like that?

Starkist
04-17-2002, 03:07 PM
I believe it's to prevent someone from making their title 'Forum Owner' or 'AGN Administrator' or something like that.

Mak-X
04-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Ok, Predcon said he had the same problem but it was fine for me.

here's a test

And it seems it won't happen to members of Moderator status or above.

http://members.aol.com/captiann64/misc/forumtitle1.gif

http://members.aol.com/captiann64/misc/forumtitle2.gif

It's kinda funny though since its obvious its a custom title and not the forum title. I guess they don't want newbies getting fooled.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 03:13 PM
It is so you can't use "Hosted Forum Moderator", a real rank and could confuse people. Not that it would to anyone but Newbies, and we'd quickly find out...

PrfectGREG
04-17-2002, 03:14 PM
lol at first I thoguht I may have typed fuck for some odd reason, but I was like nooooo so I thought someone was playing a joke on me. Anyway yeah i guess that makes sense, thanks fot the tip.

Lol I am the legend of the fucks!!

MasterSwordUltima
04-17-2002, 04:13 PM
Hah, that fits you better Greg. And wtf is with your sig? Gimme that point back!

PrfectGREG
04-17-2002, 04:26 PM
lol, I guess I missed the whole MP thing, and when I saw everyone had soem points I decided to make a joke sig on it.

goKi
04-17-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by inori
There are certain words that can't be used in custom titles. One member tried to go for "Australian for Forum Member" and had the same problem. The workaround is to change one of the characters to something else, such as an o with dots above it (like this: ö)

who the hell would want that as their title anyway :D :laughing: