Ok, REAL translation [Archive] - Armageddon Games Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, REAL translation

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 02:25 PM
http://www.armageddongames.com/images/tsa/chinese.jpg

inori...can you translate that...it is Chinese.

Hermit
04-17-2002, 02:27 PM
It's still not showing up TSA.

All I'm seeing is a little box in the top left with 2 characters, the rest is just white.

Or is it supposed to be that way ?

Darunia
04-17-2002, 02:28 PM
[off-topic] this is pm stuf[/off-topic]

obi
04-17-2002, 02:30 PM
TSA, did you post that in your tonberry swf post if so, the I saw it as a ' v ' d or something like that in a quote.:odd:

inori
04-17-2002, 02:59 PM
TSA, I looked for it, but it's not Japanese. (The first character isn't used in Japanese, except in one really weird meaning.)

But I asked my girlfriend, and she translated it for me. She said it's a font used for typing Chinese.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that's what I needed to know...what type of font? See...somebody left me a message in that font...and I can't dechiper it unless I know the font name (so I can use a MS Word) to open the file.

inori
04-17-2002, 03:17 PM
You have to know the name of the font in order to open the file? I'm not even sure that it has an English name. The Japanese pronounciation is "soutai" - I have no idea about the Chinese.

But if you were to send me the file, I could try to open it. My computer is pretty well set up with Asian font handling, so I might be able to.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 03:24 PM
That's whay I meant...I do not have the font. So when I open it, it looks like if you tried to open a non .doc file with word and has all the characters and such.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Darunia47
[off-topic] this is pm stuf[/off-topic]
:eyebrow:
I think TSA knows what belongs in PMs and what doesn't...
and last time I checked, it didn't say moderator under your name.

TSA: I can't really help you, but the first symbol is really close to one of my tattoos...the one for father.

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Seeing as how this is Chinese, which I knew...and that inori has only been openly public about knowing Japanese...I thought I'd post it here so if anyone knew Chinese, they could help.

I was lucky inori's GF could understand it.

That's my basis for posing it.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-17-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Seeing as how this is Chinese, which I knew...and that inori has only been openly public about knowing Japanese...I thought I'd post it here so if anyone knew Chinese, they could help.

I was lucky inori's GF could understand it.

That's my basis for posing it.
I hope you don't think I was questioning your reasoning for posting it. I was just reminding darunia that playing rent-a-mod is NOT GOOD. And my tattoos were drawn by a manderin chinese girl. They are unified, or simplified chinese...but remember...it was just a close match, not a perfect one...so, like I said...can't really help you.:shrug:

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Bah, Tonberry on you.

Darunia
04-17-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by zaphodqix

I think TSA knows what belongs in PMs and what doesn't...
and last time I checked, it didn't say moderator under your name.

I said my thinkings. Really TSA can do what he wants. And no, it not says moderator. I was doing a comment, and I think I can do a comment :shrug:

inori
04-17-2002, 05:23 PM
So, zaphod, what are these tattoos of yours? (She did tell you what they meant when she did them, didn't she...?)

Predcon1
04-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Since we're talking about translations, can anyone translate this?

If not, I'll post a translation.

It is in Irish-Gaelic (The TRUE Gaelic)

Go salaÃ* na gráinneoga cealgrúnacha do chuid infheistÃ*ochtaÃ*.

Phonetic: guh SAH-lee nuh GRAWN-yoh-guh KYA-luhg-roo-nuh-khuh duh khwihj IN-aysh-chee-uhkh-tee

Zaphod Q. IX
04-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by inori
So, zaphod, what are these tattoos of yours? (She did tell you what they meant when she did them, didn't she...?)
Of course I know what they are. I got them from a chinese / english dictionary. I only had them reproduced for brushmarks, and the like. My tattoos are my life story (up to this point), in chinese. I figured if I was going to get tattoos, I might as well do something interesting with it. ;)

Originally posted by Darunia
I said my thinkings. Really TSA can do what he wants. And no, it not says moderator. I was doing a comment, and I think I can do a comment

Darunia...if all you have to add to a conversation is a comment about how it should have been sent in a PM, then there is no reason for you to even chime in. TSA is well aware of the rules, and generally follows them to the letter. There is nothing wrong with this topic other than your off-topic posts. I'll thank you to stop that now.

Nonsensical
04-17-2002, 10:17 PM

TSA: I can't really help you, but the first symbol is really close to one of my tattoos...the one for father.

Uh oh. Have any unprotected sex with any Chinese girls lately, TSA?

Predcon1
04-18-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by inori

The tattoo shown on his pic in the MP meant "Chaos" in Kanjii (sp?)

I can safely say that nothing is farther from the truth.

Darunia
04-18-2002, 07:21 AM
Darunia...if all you have to add to a conversation is a comment about how it should have been sent in a PM, then there is no reason for you to even chime in. TSA is well aware of the rules, and generally follows them to the letter. There is nothing wrong with this topic other than your off-topic posts. I'll thank you to stop that now.

Ok, my apologies.

*lets the thread*