PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Into Abandonware??

zables
04-17-2002, 01:29 AM
Ok, well i gotta question abouta old arcade game, i dont know the name of it and i thought that someone might, its like your this short little guy that has no top and a sword and can jump, i cannot remember what the system it was on either.... but i really wanna know the name of it, i think the first enemy you fought was a knight or soemthing and they have a jewel that tells you when there near dead (i think its in his chest plate and it changes color as you do damage) if anyone knows what on earth i am talking about please let me know the name of the game!!!

slothman
04-17-2002, 01:55 AM
I don't know the game but you might find it at www.the-underdogs.org

zables
04-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Umm it was an arcade game... im not soo much looking for the game itself cuz it would have to be emulated and i know you guys dont like that a whole lot, im just wondering the name cuz i am trying to find the actual arcade consol....

Daarkseid
04-17-2002, 03:13 PM
If it was an Arcade game that was not ported to PC, then the term abandoneware in the title of your topic probably isn't the most accurate. Typically, abandoneware means old PC games you can't really purchase anymore, either because the creators don't ship it anymore, or software vendors don't carry it.

You're probably wanting instead the Rom for this game, which I can't help you with. Rom requests and links to romsites are forbidden. As for this game, I'm not sure. A classic game I remember that somewhat fits the description is Rastan, but I never got anywhere in the game(I've only played it in arcades and the game had a tendency to just eat through your quaters because you get killed so often), so I can't verify if it has any bosses or not that fit what you describe.

zables
04-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Umm its not rastan... heres a better description: Your really short, the grahpics are really cartoony, you have to buy your boots and and sheild and the game has alot of platform kind of jumping and it your sprite has blond hair, and i beleive white shorts/pants... umm oh i think the game was made in 87 but dont quote me on that cuz i dunno for sure.... actually not that i think about it it was " Something something in the land of monsters" and i think he first boss was a purple fat gargoyle-ish thing...

DarkDragoonX
04-17-2002, 04:14 PM
Maybe one of the Wonder Boy games?