PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen that before...

Hermit
04-16-2002, 11:56 PM
When you edit a reply... at the top there is a new post deleting option. When did that get put in there ? We can delete our own posts now ?

I'm not sure whether this is neat or not :shrug:

Glenn the Great
04-16-2002, 11:58 PM
I don't think you should be seeing that. Someone may have messed with the usergroup permissions, and that's what I'm about to check on. I don't want regular members being able to delete their own posts. If I find it messed up, I'll fix it.

EDIT: Everything was fine. Likely, that's always been there and you just haven't noticed it. You'll probably get a message telling you it is restricted if you were to try to use it.

Hermit
04-17-2002, 12:05 AM
Well then perhaps I should test it on this post...

Awww it wouldn't let me :laughing:

I tend to be one to edit my posts more often than most people (typos and such, I'm a spelling whore). I've never noticed that up there until today, about 5 minutes ago actually ;)

The Silent Assassin
04-17-2002, 12:05 AM
It has always been there, but when you try it, it says

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hermit
04-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Yeah I got that page, silly me for not noticing it before now. I don't really pay much attention to anything except the post I'm trying to edit when I do that anyway :shrug:

If we can't use it, why do we see it ? Or why do we need to see it rather ? Just curious.

Darunia
04-17-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Hermit
If we can't use it, why do we see it ? Or why do we need to see it rather ? Just curious.

Is a HTML problem. Take it to normal members will be very hard, so... let it. Don't care. Ignore it. Did you understand me??

Hermit
04-17-2002, 08:10 AM
I wasn't concerned with using it Darunia :blah:

All I asked was WHY can we see it ?

Not, I don't want to see it.

I don't care if it's there or not, I was just wondering. Pardon my curiosity.

Nevermind, forget about it :thumbsup:

Drunken Tiger
04-17-2002, 08:11 AM
Its been there for a while now!! But you cant use it!! although i would seriously like to use it!!:(

Could be useful for me.:shrug:

Jemsee
04-17-2002, 08:19 AM
I saw this a whyle ago.
I wanted to bump a post, but did not want to double post, so I thought if I deleted it and posted again the thread would go to the first page...ha ha ha...silly me, does not work that way.:goofy: