PDA

View Full Version : Post your opinion. . .Plz

Leon S. Kennedy
04-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Plz people post your opinion on good PC games so i can find a nice one to play. . . .It doesn't matter waht type of game, just anything but racing. . . . .

King Link
04-16-2002, 10:08 AM
I like real time strategy games such as Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, Command and Conquer: Red Alert2 and adventure games. Also, usually Star Wars is fun to play.

My favourite games all around are AoEII, Black and White, CFS 2: WWII Pacific Theatre and Command and Conquer. Those are great.

Ultra22Lemming
04-16-2002, 12:46 PM
DiabloI,DiabloII:Lord of Destruction,Starcraft,Broad War(exspansion for Starcraft), WarcraftII: B-net edition.

All of these are great games.

Note: All of them are made by the same company (Blizzard)

Mak-X
04-16-2002, 12:57 PM
I FIND STARCRAFT WITH IT'S EXPANSION, BROODWAR, A VERY INTERESTING GAME

You can pick up the Starcraft Battlechest for $20 now which includes Starcraft, Starcraft: Broodwar, and both strategy guides.

Brasel
04-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Any Blizzard game is great and well worth the money, and The Sims is an okay game if you aren't really into action.

I don't play games on the computer very often, and I really don't like racing games, but I am hooked on one currently. If you love classic american cars and you're willing to pay a monthly fee of a mere $10, you can get Motor City Online...the greatest online pay to play game ever!

Leon S. Kennedy
04-17-2002, 08:15 AM
I have most of the blizzard games: diablo, diablo2, starcraft and the expansion, the warcraft saga and many others and i want to play a game that rocks and has kick ass graphics. . . . . . .

Artevoi
04-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Games that rock without great graphics:

Thief: The Dark Project, Thief 2: The Metal Age, and System Shock 2, both by Looking Glass Studios.

And Spiderweb Software's (www.spidweb.com) Exile 1-3, Avernum 1 and 2, and Geneforge are great RPGs.

Games that rock with good graphics:

Ummm... Unreal Tournament?
I wouldn't know, I can't afford a 3D accelerator(sp?).

Leon S. Kennedy
04-18-2002, 08:10 AM
I have theif 1 and it was pretty good but i didnt know there was a second one. . . . .

Duran
04-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Hmm the PC games I find most intesting are:
StarCraft + Brood War - Good game, but I suck horribly
Diablo 2 + Lord Of Destruction - Really Nice RPG
Red Faction - Addictive, I like the Multiplayer part
Ultima Online - Addictive(like crack)
Deus Ex - Unique
Black And White - Unique and Addictive
Counter-Strike - I suck horribly but addicted
Max Payne - Excellent Single Player

MountainDrew023
04-18-2002, 05:40 PM
I liked Majesty. anyone ever play it?

King Link
04-18-2002, 06:12 PM
I haven't played this game yet, but you should check out the apparently awesome, new Star Wars game, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

Starfalcon2
04-18-2002, 10:49 PM
I like real time strategy games such as Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology, Command and Conquer: Red Alert2 and adventure games. Also, usually Star Wars is fun to play.

Same here, I like real stragtegy games. I suggest you try play Empire Earth. There 14 ages and may control many more than 200 units are fun and more challenge than AOEII. Also there different about 200 units!

Leon S. Kennedy
04-19-2002, 08:13 AM
Thank you all for your replies. i will indeed try some of these games in my search for the ultimate PC game. . . . . . . . and for MountainDrew023 yes i have played majesty i have the expansion pack for it, Its a good game to play, but a little complicated. . . . .

vegeta1215
04-19-2002, 03:23 PM
In my opinion, there's only one way to play FPS's, and that's on a PC! (unless of course they make a mouse and keyboard for PS2 or X-Box, whihc I wouldn't be surprised if they did).

Daarkseid
04-19-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
In my opinion, there's only one way to play FPS's, and that's on a PC! (unless of course they make a mouse and keyboard for PS2 or X-Box, whihc I wouldn't be surprised if they did).

I actually prefer the two analog stick set up that for FPS', but then again, I'm not interested in playing FPS' online. However, I do admit that with the mouse, you can much better aiming and precision when targeting than you ever really could with an alalog stick. But just the same, I hate having to use a keyboard for gaming.

vegeta1215
04-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I actually prefer the two analog stick set up that for FPS', but then again, I'm not interested in playing FPS' online.

You don't like playing FPS online? What other way is there to play multiplayer?!? I mean, with like Goldeneye for N64, you could deathmatch, but you caould see the other persons screen! That's no fun.

Online deathmatching is the best. The only reason I play against bots in Quake 3 for example is because
a) I suck, and can't stand up to most online players (they whip my ass)
b) my internet lag is too much, makes my chances even slimmer

I'm telling you, online FPS is the best, you gotta try it with no lag soemtime. Playing with lag is really discouraging.

Jemsee
04-19-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by MountainDrew023
I liked Majesty. anyone ever play it?

Hey MtD, Hi...a fellow Iowan.

I can vouch for Majesty. A good game.

I'v heard good things about Empire Earth, but never played.

Leon S. Kennedy
04-23-2002, 08:30 AM
I liked empire earth . . . it was good at first but it got old real quick . . . . . . . . . :angry: not worth the money. . .:angry: