PDA

View Full Version : MapMaker 192b155+

fatcatfan
04-15-2002, 11:42 PM
no new features yet. Now that I'm up to speed with all DN's recent changes, I can focus on adding new stuff. Anywho, what you want is attached. Post any bugs you discover in this thread.

plith
04-16-2002, 12:04 AM
*Goes nuts*

I've been wanting to use this for my own overworld for a while now.

DarkFlameWolf
04-16-2002, 12:23 AM
I'm guessing old versions (such as 152) can't use this. I still don't trust 155 yet to transfer my quest onto that beta.

plith
04-16-2002, 12:31 AM
You don't really have to. Just open up your quest with 155, export the .qsu file, and use that. Simply don't save your quest with 155. Make a separate folder for 155 and 152 :tongue:.

Cyclone
04-16-2002, 08:14 AM
I was actually going to suggest a Mapmaker for v.152 for the contest people...they don't have 155, remember...

Cyclone

plith
04-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Whoa...

Um... couple things:

I finally got around to getting back on ZQuest last night (it bumps me offline whenever I use it, but that's a different story. I know it has to do with the settings in ag.cfg). I've had this problem before when trying to make a map of Crysthylian (1.90) using a beta ZC mapmaker. I loaded up the quest in whatever the beta was at the time, and then exported the .qsu file. Once it finished exporting, however, the program crashed. I also tried saving Crysthylian with that beta version as a separate quest file. Same thing happened. So, I tried this with descendant between 152 and 155 last night, and got the same thing. Maybe if I tried loading the 155-saved version, it won't crash. But still, it's an annoying bug.

As for mapmaker, I loaded up the .qsu file. There were a couple odd things. I was too tired to realize it last night, but I think that by default all the screens were not selected. Because I was so tired last night, it just seemed like a glaring error that made exporting impossible (It would just say "Nothing to do!" and hand out a 0KB map). But I'll try that out now. Here's one though: All the DMap names are missing the first letter (So I have DMap 5- ain Overworld 1).

OFFTOPIC: GRRRRRRRRRRRR! I was just playing a CD on this computer... the program f*cked up on me... so I closed it... then I had to close the stupid little quickstart icon... And then I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close the program fully.... AND THE DAMN THING'S STILL PLAYING! ARGGHHHHH! ... Hey waddya know. I get rid of what seems to be a completely unrelated program and it stops...

EDIT: Errrrr, nope. No good. I load up a qsu, and the following happens:

All the DMaps are shown as Dungeon.
It cuts off the first letter of every DMap name.
All the screens are deselected, and can't be re-selected.

fatcatfan
04-16-2002, 08:04 PM
these errors are occuring with the qsu that cause zquest to crash? Then it probably isn't on my end (I'll check anyway though). Newfirst-fixed.qst exports to qsu and runs fine in mapmaker. all the dmap types are fine, no missing letters, etc.

As for all screens not being selected by default... mapmaker checks a byte in each screen's data which indicates whether the screen is valid. Invalid screens appear as a plain blue background in zquest. Mapmaker will not allow you to select screens which are invalid. In your case, these could be either legitimately invalid screens, or (as seems to be the case) the qsu is just corrupt somehow.

Anyone else having problems?

And while I can certainly look for problems in my code, a qsu which produces errors (or a .qst file since it'd be smaller) would make the process go much quicker. You can trust me with your quests... you already are if you use mapmaker.

DarkFlameWolf
04-19-2002, 03:33 AM
*sigh* I keep getting a php file instead of a zip. and this is using 'SAVE AS'

fatcatfan
04-19-2002, 08:31 AM
just rename the extension to .zip and try that. Have you tried clicking on the attachment link instead of doing a "save as"?

anyway, if nothing else works, I'll put this on my webspace tonight. (if I can break away from Farscape) It was just easier to put it here at the time.

Cronic
04-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Hey Fatcatfan... I need you to get me 2 files... Mapmaker for 1.90 (Standard release) and Mapmaker 1.92 beta 104...

I can't yet tell you why so please trust me k ;) You won't be disapointed...

plith
04-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Hrmmmm, I still get that .qsu export bug. I can try a couple more things and hope that clears it up... but ah well.

DarkFlameWolf
04-19-2002, 01:58 PM
well that's nice... -_- files below 152 are incompatible. Either I'll hope for a 152 version or I just won't be making any maps. -_-

plith
04-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
well that's nice... -_- files below 152 are incompatible. Either I'll hope for a 152 version or I just won't be making any maps. -_-

And I'm being over-critical of your quests?

¬_¬

I think it's because it's just still a 152 version quest as far as ZQuest cares. So if I did some editing to it, saved it, exited, and loaded the program back up, it might work then.

DarkFlameWolf
04-19-2002, 05:18 PM
well shit! mapmaker won't work for beta 156, it crashes and beta 155 ain't up for download no more. -_-

plith
04-19-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
...and beta 155 ain't up for download no more. -_-

:confuse2: :confused:

What're you talking about? The topic is about 1/3-1/2 of the way down this forum, and the links still work just fine.

DarkFlameWolf
04-19-2002, 06:30 PM
okay, found it, must have missed it. However this changes nothing. The beta 155 which is SUPPOSED to work with this mapmaker described in this topic, crashes whenever I try to open up the QSU exported from my quest in beta 155. Suggestions? I'm still no further than I was.

fatcatfan
04-19-2002, 07:13 PM
b156 files don't work? crap... I didn't think anything had changed. alright folks.... I'l try to get this all fixed...

Cyclone is asking for a 152 version for his contest people, and I'll try to appease everyone so... just gimme some time.

Cronic, I sent your requested files to the AOL address I found on AZC.

DarkFlameWolf
04-19-2002, 07:40 PM
yes! contest beta 152 version. That would be excellent! Thank you!

Cronic
04-19-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan
Cronic, I sent your requested files to the AOL address I found on AZC.

Thank you much :D I'll keep you posted on what's up via PM.