PDA

View Full Version : A little encouragement from one who cares

jman2050
04-15-2002, 07:08 PM
I know that all of you know about the recent events that have been happening at AGN. Some of you think it is horrible while some see it as no big deal. Still, many of us are being loaded down by these events. We higher-ups have been stupid lately, not just for the fighting, but for not making sure that members are what they are supposed to be on an online community: entertained. That includes myself as well. I seriously don't think I have done enough to help the situation here. Yeah I've tried to keep the peace, but besides that I've actually been standing on the sidelines. Now I realize that as a moderator, just watching to see what happens isn't good enough.

I know that the rules here have become tough, not neccesarily in what they entail but in the enforcement as well. We have seen a small barrage of members who have decided to leave because of what is going on, as well as those who just decided to be jerks at the wrong time. What I'm trying to say is, that we really don't know whhat the future holds. I don't know whether this will be just another exodus, or the end to one of the most promising Online Communities on the internet today. It does help, however, to be optimistic. I've noticed quite a bit of pessimism from many members here. In fact, that's probably the reason why many have left, because they were looking at the bad things that could happen. Basically, all of us, members and staff have a part in making AGN what it really is: A place to hang out and have fun in a world away from our own. We are nowhere near perfect, and I'm not saying that others think otherwise. What I mean is that despite all these fights and squirmishes, we have to look at the bigger picture. Forgiveness is divine, I always say, and I think that such forgiveness is the reason that many of us are even here.

If you feel that you must leave, then that's you're decision, we can't stop you. But before you do so, look at the bigger picture and try to view things optimistically. By doing so, you may just think of a few things that will convince you to stay here. I think that if everyone stops to think about what we are all here for, then maybe that will definitely take a load off our minds and will make AGN like what it was in the good ol' days. Fun, entertaining, and just a nice place to hang out.

Sorry for sounding philosophical, but these thoughts have been pondering my mind for some time now, and I feel that in order to be at peace with myself (at least as far as AGN concerns me), I must say what I have said. With that I end this post. I hope you all take time to consider what I have said.

Gerudo
04-15-2002, 07:30 PM
i agree 100%, jman... i guess thats what i was trying to say, but inadvertantly in the wrong tone. ripping from a pepsi ad long ago:

"Be young, have fun, play Zelda" :pimp:

(lol, i cant think of anything else that would take up as much space as you did, so i guess this is it!) :lol:

Rafnul
04-15-2002, 07:34 PM
I hope this isn't like going to brand me as evil or something, but... what exactly happened?... well I HAVE been away for a while.