PDA

View Full Version : Zelda GCN listed on game store websites

Mak-X
04-15-2002, 06:52 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=220147

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=220082

Can you guess which store was smarter with their concept box art?

Daarkseid
04-15-2002, 06:54 PM
Ooh Ooh! Let me guess, its the one thats just the title, ripped from Majora's Mask right? I'll bet it is!

Tygore
04-15-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
Ooh Ooh! Let me guess, its the one thats just the title, ripped from Majora's Mask right? I'll bet it is!

Better than the beta version of Cel-da.

I like the newer shots, but the old...

King Link
04-15-2002, 07:10 PM
That's interesting.

Take a look at this APRIL FOOLS boxart from Ganons Tower.

http://www.ganonstower.com/zelda9boxart.jpg

MasterSwordUltima
04-15-2002, 07:46 PM
What kinda stupid question is this? Gamespot has the best box art! Its cell shaded for cryin out loud, you can even see the...cough, quality cough in the design...wow, that Myth of the Oracle is pretty good! For a fake!

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 08:32 PM
I won't be pre-ordering mine until after I see it at E3.

Orion
04-15-2002, 10:46 PM
I care not what this game looks like, I know it will rock.

However, I can guarantee it won't make it until at least a summer 2003 release in the US.

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 11:22 PM
I meant with my statement, I want proof it will be out in the Fall. If not, I never reserve something more than 6 months in advance.

Warlock
04-16-2002, 12:13 AM
I usually don't preorder unless it's a collector's edition or something, like the Zelda 64 gold cart thing w/ EBWorld..

AtmaWeapon
04-16-2002, 12:25 AM
The only thing I have ever preordered was Majora's Mask, and it came with a bundle pack I bought from Nintendo Power. I am too much of a fanboy to shun the new Zelda, so I'll probably buy a Gamecube and Zelda when it comes out.

Mak-X
04-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Hey Atma Weapon, for that NP bundle pack, did they ship the game in the box or just the cartridge with instructions?

I reserved Ocarina of Time at Best Buy as soon as I could so I would get Zelda and the Gold Cartridge. Either because Best Buy doesn't know what the hell they're doing and there's no point in reserving the games, or my mom picked up the game too late (wanted it for X-Mas so I would be forced to play it then). I was devistated Christmas morning when I opened up the box to a Grey cartridge.

I went out and bought Majora's Mask the day it came out I think and got the hologram cart. I didn't want to mess up again.

Originally posted by MasterSwordUltima
What kinda stupid question is this? Gamespot has the best box art! Its cell shaded for cryin out loud, you can even see the...cough, quality cough in the design...wow, that Myth of the Oracle is pretty good! For a fake!

What kind of stupid statement is this? Gamespot is not a retailstore! I thought it was obvious that EBworld was smarter than Gamestop because Gamestop used a really bad picture that looks like it was taken from IGN, where EBworld just used a title. Especially since Nintendo hasn't officially released any screen shots of Zelda yet. I mean the Gamestop one looks really bad. The one King Link pointed to didn't look too bad and I think I've seen Gamespots which looks good too.

Brasel
04-16-2002, 03:27 PM
The cell shading stuff really reminds me of Samurai Jack...

The Thing
04-16-2002, 03:36 PM
The reviews keep saying the graphics suck. Can anyone post a couple of screen shots for me to see.

vegeta1215
04-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Sir Anthony
The cell shading stuff really reminds me of Samurai Jack...

I love Samurai Jack!

I'm actually anxious to see Zelda whether it's cel-shaded or not. I just wanna see to what extent the power of GCN is used in the game. :D

Mak-X
04-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by The Thing
The reviews keep saying the graphics suck. Can anyone post a couple of screen shots for me to see.

I haven't seen any reviews saying the graphics suck, they're really good for the style they are.

Just go to www.igncube.com and look in the Previews section for Zelda. They have a movie there of the game that the screen shots don't do justice for.

mrz84
04-16-2002, 09:33 PM
The cell shading stuff really reminds me of Samurai Jack... wow. your right. it looks like something taken directly from the show. cool! :kawaii:

KingArthur
04-17-2002, 12:29 AM
I just thought of that too... It's the only other cartoon thing i've seen without outlines... hmmm...