PDA

View Full Version : [Please Help!] How to convert ZGP to BMP?

Shannara
04-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Hellos, I have a nice ol zgp file, which contains a tileset (from what I understand), and would love to know how to convert the tileset to bmp? Does anybody here know how to do that?

Please help :)

plith
04-15-2002, 06:26 PM
Import the .zgp file into ZQuest (File->Import->Graphics Pack).
Goto Quest->Tiles
Scroll down to the tiles you want to take out of it.
Press + or - until it's the color you want it to be.
Press F12 to take a screenshot, which will be saved in your Zelda Classic directory as zeldaxxx.bmp (xxx = the number of the screenshot).

Shannara
04-15-2002, 06:50 PM
Thank you very much!!! I never knew how simple it is.. hehe, hopefully ZQuest will work in Win2k, so I can start converting the tileset... :) Thanks again!

Shannara
04-15-2002, 09:46 PM
ZQuest broken?

On win2k, everytime I click on a tile from the tileset, it freezes for 2 minutes (yes, i've timed it:)), and this is on a 1ghz Duron... so I know it's not the computer thats causing the problem.. lol, Anybody have a fix for ZQuest?

I'm running 1.90

Also, It only shows a very few tiles and not the complete set of tiles..

the - (minux) and + (plus) is disabled (ie, doesnt work),

Heh, F12 isnt the screenshot button, cuz there isnt one :)

There is a Snapshot, not too bad, but kinda useless when ZQ doesnt show the complete graphic pack.

Anybody here have a working version of this program? Or better yet, a program to convert ZGP to BMP?

C-Dawg
04-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Hm. Hey, anyone, would converting her graphic pack into an exported tileset (.til) help her at all?

-C

GuitarmanTim
04-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Hm. Hey, anyone, would converting her graphic pack into an exported tileset (.til) help her at all?

-C

not really, since .til files are not tilesets at all, they are tilepages. A .til file only contains the actual tiles, but NOT the colors, so that would leave them pretty useless still (unless you already have the pallete)

Shannara
04-16-2002, 12:16 PM
Yeppers, and since I only have the Graphic Pack, which contains all the tiles, and ZQuest 1.90 doesnt even work properly in Win2k, I am sorta out of luck, until the creator of ZQ decides to release a working Win2k version :(

Until then, anybody know of a ZGP to BMP or some such converter?

This is getting aweful :(

C-Dawg
04-16-2002, 01:28 PM
Go find the thread about the Quest Contest. Cyclone is giving out the Windows version of ZQuest to those who enter. Or... he was... did he cut off the membership?

-C

Shannara
04-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Okay... Thanks for trying to help, anyways.. lol, I'll continue looking on other sites for help with this delima... thanks anyways :)