PDA

View Full Version : Megazeux 2.7 needs YOUR help!

AlexMax
04-15-2002, 05:48 PM
http://megazeux.sourceforge.net/

Megazeux is a Game Creation System in the vein of ZZT and Super ZZT. For a long time now, MZX 2.7 has been in development, which was to be a Linux port of the DOS source code, which would have eventually found its way onto a Win32 port.

However, a while ago, work stopped on it. Translation: No more official MZX releases. Now, people are relying on making games with unofficial relases, which are all still centered around the DOS engine.

Now are there any one of you willing or serious enough to take up this challange?

Check out www.digitalmzx.net which has some better information on the current community. I dummo who you would contact to get in the MZX 2.7 project, but you should be able to find out with a little more digging.

Any takers?

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 05:51 PM
What the hell is Megazeux..whatchamacalit?

DarkDragon
04-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Hrm... I'd gladly work on it if
1) I worked with Linux
or
2) I had the competence to successfully port it to Win98.

I would be willing to work with a team to get this done (assuming we do a direct port to '98, I'm not messing with Linux), but there's no way I could accomplish anything by myself.

TSA: Megazeux KICKS ASS! Go download it from one of the very few MZX sites now defunct (good luck), and then go through the equally difficult process of finding any live link to games. I recommend Weirdness, Adlo, Darkness, and Honor Quest. (The Cans series can also be humourless, but has too many in-jokes to be funny to the layman.)

AlexMax
04-18-2002, 07:26 PM
You like CANS ]|[

A little note. At the very end of Cans ]|[, the credits show "Cameo's removed from the game: {KiLlJoY} Nelson: Ha ha!"

That was me. _-_

Lesson for AGN: Don't bug me for a cameo in AGNC...