PDA

View Full Version : Mak, that Nintendo Arcade thing...

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 02:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1093181431

Not the one the guy was selling me, but this is the one you were talking about.

vegeta1215
04-15-2002, 03:24 PM
I remember those! This pizza place one block down from my house in Ocean City MD had one of those! And not too long ago either! I remember playing Punch Out and Ninja Gaiden! Very fun!

So TSA, you plannin' on buying one of those, or do you already have one? Hehe, I'd want one with Zelda, that'd be awesome.

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Like I can afford that.

Mak-X
04-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Oh man, I want one of those.
When I went to Mississippi when I was younger to visit my Great Grandmother, I had my Game Boy but didn't bring my NES because I would have to pack it and there wouldn't be a TV to play it on. At the local Pizza Hut they had one of those machines and I played Super Mario Bros. 3 on it a few times.
The last time I saw them was at a old arcade in Florida where you pay $6.50 to get in and all the machines had unlimited credits. They had 2 Play Choice machines. I was gonna play Metroid but the sound was turned off. I think I played Dr. Mario for a bit but that was it. While I was there, I played through the entire Battletoads Arcade game, and tried Contra which is just like the NES version but not as good, and I don't like the sound of the music compared to the NES version.

That would be awesome to have, but I don't have $300 to spend.

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Mak...you're avatar...Link looks...uncomfortable...like he has a sitck up his ass or something.

Mak-X
04-15-2002, 03:42 PM
That's...the way...it was...in the magazine...that I scanned...it...in...I noticed...that too...but I like the overall...picture...its not my...fault...Link's kokiri/jerkin/tunic clothes...are uncomfortable...you've seen...young Link pull on his clothes...before haven't...you? He...seems to be...in some...sort of...fighter stance...what...does...it look like...on your...copy of...the game...since you have...t...h...e...en...ti...re...Zelda...series.. .?

VEL
04-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Mak...you're avatar...Link looks...uncomfortable...like he has a sitck up his ass or something.

It looks like he's rubbing his ass on the triforce, maybe he's trying to polish it, but doesn't want to put his sword and shield down.

Link: my bum is on the triforce, my bum is on the triforce, look at me, my bum is on the triforce!

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 04:20 PM
OH HO HO HO HO! GOD TODAY IS FUCKING HILARIOUS!

TONBERRY!

mrz84
04-15-2002, 05:46 PM
BEHOLD THE POWER AND VENGENCE OF CHEESE! anyway, ive seen a few of those. there used to be a place in st. joe called aladin's castle or something. they had a few of the machines youre talking about. i cant remember which ones they were but the business went kuputzky a few years ago and is now a russel stovers. i still have a few tokens left from there and i never got to use em. oh well. :kawaii:

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 05:47 PM
Where the hell did cheese come from?

vegeta1215
04-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Like I can afford that.

Wasn't I talking to the guy who spent $1000+ on Zelda stuff on ebay? That is you right? :tongue:

I checked ebay, a few people are selling the game cards for the PlayChoice 10 arcade game. They even had a Castlevania one! Man, if I had that, and others, I'd have all the best games in there, it'd be da shit! :D

btw, what was with that Tonberry stuff?

Dark Jim
04-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
btw, what was with that Tonberry stuff?
Don't ask unless you want these forums flooded with dozens of topics named "Tonberry". :eyebrow: