PDA

View Full Version : Big beta boo boo

DarkFlameWolf
04-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Okay, I decided to try one of my old quests: Fragments of Power in beta 152. And I'm assuming this is still true in later versions:
ANY super bomb flags in any 1.90 quest, their secret combos are listed as normal bomb secret combos in beta 152 and above. So, for those areas requiring the superbomb. you MUST go into Zquest and edit all the Sbomb combos. So you can't simply just open up ZC beta 152 and play any old beta you want, yu need to edit it first to get the secret combos to work correctly. And I'm assuming this is true for Burn too. Using a Blue Candle will work fine, but using a red one will force it to use the new Red Candle secret combo, which isn't set to anything. Might want to fix this... maybe?

Cyclone
04-15-2002, 09:58 AM
Mmm...I recall a Super Bomb in Level 9 of Hell Awaits, also...

Yes, this booboo needs some attention.

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-15-2002, 10:03 AM
Alright. Easy to fix. Beta 156 should be out tonight.

DarkFlameWolf
04-15-2002, 10:17 AM
yeah, make sure it accuonts for all secret combos. (well all that existed anyway in 1.92 and below. :P) You 'should' be able to play any quest from before 1.92 without having to figure out the password and edit the quest to make it work. ;)

Cyclone
04-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Don't worry, DFW; he's on it. One thing you should know about DN when it comes to bugs:

"Look, a bug." SQUISH. :kawaii:

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-15-2002, 12:44 PM
You wouldn't think that by just looking at the current bug list, though. :disgust:

Cyclone
04-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
You wouldn't think that by just looking at the current bug list, though. :disgust:

Ah, well, it gives ya something to work on for release. :D

I presume you want all of these bugs fixed before releasing the next official version?

Cyclone

Dark Nation
04-15-2002, 12:55 PM
I'd love for there to be no bugs. But I doubt it's gonna happen.

DarkFlameWolf
04-15-2002, 02:04 PM
well, get as many as you can.

texasdex
04-15-2002, 05:05 PM
What IS the current bug list, anyway?

Cloral
04-16-2002, 01:19 AM
I had one going a while ago, but I doubt its very applicable anymore.

Here's a sampling of what I had (as far as I know all the following bugs still are around):

Getting off the raft sometimes causes Link to behave oddly.
If there are 2 dock combos next to each other horizontally and Link tries to raft from between them he just goes off the edge of the screen.
Leaving a conveyor sometimes makes Link walk funny.
Sidewarping into a dungeon makes it so that any doors (shutter, locked) in the first room behave like passages until you leave and come back from a different direction.
Hookshot chain is off by a bit
Secret sfx don't trigger after an insta warp.
The heart display on the file select screen is messed up--it's one row lower than it should be.
The cheat keys for the magic meter don't work, and since they overwrite the life-refill key, you can't use that either...
Slash combos don't work properly on screen 80.
Sometimes when you throw the boomerang, Link gets stuck for a second - you get unstuck by pounding on all the directions until he moves again.
Sometimes Link becomes unable to pick up items for no apparent reason.
Armos cause the enemy->etc screen flags to get set off again if you kill all the enemies and then spawn an armos and kill it.
Screen flags aren't applied after an insta-warp (most notably the dark screen flag)
If there is a slow walk combo in front of a walk through wall, Link will get stuck in the wall
Lanmolas fall to pieces when hit by a perpetual trap or after a temp clock wears off.
The hookshot doesn't work properly on Gels and Keese and Bats.
You can push blocks to the sides of a ladder, but you can't push the block at the end of the ladder if you approach it from below.
Link won't hold up bombs even if the 'Hold up' screen flag is set.
Link likes to use the ladder on hookshot over combos.

I omitted several I thought may have been fixed. But you get the idea.