PDA

View Full Version : Permanent.....

NEONswift
04-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi Im currently working on a ZC game and I was wondering if it was possible to create a secret combo that is permanent? So when you play a tune infront a gate after the first time the gate will always be open??? Can anyone help?

plith
04-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Here's what you do.

Make the player play his tune or whatever in front of the gate.
Once the gate is open, make it so that he HAS to step on a combo with the type of Trigger->Perm. That way the gate will stay open (assuming you're on an overworld).

NEONswift
04-15-2002, 12:54 PM
thanks but where abouts is the Trigger->Perm? because i've looked in Flags and it isnt there....I recall seeing though.

Immortal Warrior
04-15-2002, 01:02 PM
It's not a flag, it's a combo type :D

NEONswift
04-15-2002, 01:05 PM
thanks

C-Dawg
04-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Most of the secrets you can trigger are permenant anyway on Dmaps set to Overworld with Level 0. Which ones are temporary without special wrangling?

-C

Cyclone
04-15-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Most of the secrets you can trigger are permenant anyway on Dmaps set to Overworld with Level 0. Which ones are temporary without special wrangling?

Here is a comprehensive list:

Whistles.

That's it, I think.

Cyclone

plith
04-15-2002, 03:15 PM
And I do hope that it doesn't get changed. I currently have a part of my overworld requiring the whistle, flippers, and hammer. You basically use the whistle to make a stair appear, but you need to swim and use the hammer to get to those stairs. There's another route to those stairs, but you have to switch screens first, thus making the stairs disappear :D.

NEONswift
04-15-2002, 04:02 PM
IT ALL HELPS THANKS.... Im making a section like the Zora Domain waterfall entrance in Ocarina of Time so i need it to be permanent.

Brasel
04-15-2002, 05:26 PM
I have another question on this topic...

Can I use a switch on one screen that will affect another screen?

Praethus
04-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Anthony, talk to C-dawg. He can tell you all different tricks for this I think.

plith
04-15-2002, 08:49 PM
Better living through boss flags :-p

Make a switch tile (like the crystal switch) in a room devoid of enemies. Put a fire enemy on the switch, using enemy placement flag 37 (if the fire would show up, then put a layer above it that looks like the switch). So when link hits the switch (really the fire) with anything (arrow, boomerang, sword), the enemy is killed. Have the screen flag Dungeon Boss on that screen with the switch. Then in the screen where you want an event to be triggered, you have to have no enemies (except the fire enemy, which now goes in the corner of the screen). Also have Dungeon Boss set here. The fire enemy will automatically be killed, triggering the secret (so long as you have Enemy->Secret set on the screen).

All done!

supertails2001
04-15-2002, 08:57 PM
Thanks to you plith, I can now use secrets in other rooms. YOU HAVE HELPED ME!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nevermind.