PDA

View Full Version : Nice Zelda Rarities...

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 01:52 AM
My friend from Nintendo sent me this today:

I guess I'm stuck with the Zelda for Famicom, which now we know its not sealed, has me pissed off but anyway that's life. I just wanted to tell you that I know of only a few copies of the BS Zeldas. Now here's the catch, when the server went down (last year or the year before I'm not sure), these things went extinct. I know of two people that I work with that have them and they want around $2500.00US for them. That's a lot of cash! I really
don't get it because when I go to japan the Zelda fans there seemed to think that the server was going to be up forever and that they could maybe redownload it. I can always ask the guys, but don't forget that you'll have to import the unit to play them which is expensive on its own.

Now for my rare things, lets see....Well firts off I really don't count
because after all I work for these people. When the first Zelda came out I preordered it with the disk system and have the recept still(not worth anything but very cool to have), I still have a crate of twenty brand new sealed Zelda II. I managed to get the AR7's(NCL's prototype for Links character models in ALTTP) basically official animation stills and Level 1 cartridge. Basically what a level 1 cart. is is the Zip format they used when actually making the game. I had to buy a super famicom Dev kit just to
try it out. The damn thing cost me $8000.00 at the time. But it was worth every penny. I have loads of offical stuff on ALTTP 2 for SNES, I still don't get why it was never put into production. I have all kinds of animation on the never released game. I own all the prototypes of Zelda 64 that exists. I had to buy a special N64DD to see them. I own all kinds of stuff on OoT and MM. Today I have signed NDA(non discloser agreements) so I can't go into to much detail but I own a lot of stuff already from the new
games.

Anyways its nice to see that there are people from all over the world that love this series as much as I do. I hope that at this years E3 everything will be unveiled so players can start to get excited about all new Zelda adventures. I'll keep your Email, and if anything pops up I'll let you know about it before I put it on Ebay. Also if you ever just want to blab about the series or specail memories about the series I'd love to hear about them.
This series is something that I hope one day I'll be working on.

Hermit
04-15-2002, 04:29 AM
Awww.... sounds like true love to me :heart:

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Must...get...REAL BS ZELDAS!!!!

Warlock
04-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Dude, I just wanna see LTTP2!!

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 12:47 PM
I don't know if I totally believe this guy or not...I never knew there was a "A Link to the Past" sequel in the works...because they began work on Zelda 64 in 1995...and Link's Awakening was released in 1993...so in 1994 they'd have had to had released it...which means production would have started earlier...which would have been possible, but very "tight" on time...and rememer EAD was working on Super Metroid for 1994 after A Link to the Past...

Warlock
04-15-2002, 04:31 PM
yeah, I dunno.. I suppose it's possible they did some sprite work before they actually spent much time coding stuff.. creating some animations couldn't have taken too much time, depending on what it was of course. For example, they might have build Link off the LTTP sprite, perhaps enhancing it a bit.. some enemies wouldn't have been too hard. Bosses would have been, considering they are larger and linked more closely to the story or the design (in other words, they don't want to go creating bosses they won't use because they decided to change something). Who knows.. I wish he'd show the stuff tho.. I love looking at unreleased crap..

Oh, that reminds me too.. I still have some old old old pictures of Zelda 4 from Nintendo Power.. based on the pics, it looked like the game was a direct sequal to LTTP, as they show the full map and it's designed almost exactly like the LTTP map.. the graphics used for Richard's Castle are in the center for Hyrule Castle, the Mysterious Woods "big tree" graphics are in the upper left (Lost Woods), there are village tiles.. almost exactly where Mabe Village is (Kakariko - looks like that worked out well :D), I believe there is swamp tiles by the swamp, Death Mountain at the top, etc. It's basically the same map graphics as Link's Awakening but in different spots. There was also another shot of Link fighting Moldorm in a different room (larger, w/ holes all over, rather than just one big pit around the edges), and there is another screen which looks like the Face Shrine, but I think it's actually supposed to be the Eastern Palace..

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Which volume was this? I have em all...I might go back and look. I remember old screens of Zelda 4...before it was finalized...maybe that is what you are talking about?

matthew986
04-15-2002, 05:21 PM
Wow that sounds amazing. The LttP2 game could very well have been in development. Maybe all they did was mock-up some sprites and soup up the AI for the demo thing. Maybe it eventually turned into OoT. Is there anything else at all that you can say without Nintendo beheading you?

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 05:24 PM
There was a Zelda 3 in the works for NES...but that got turned into ALttP.

Ancient Stone Tablets...elements from that were taken into OoT...that game, AST, was a BS downloadable in Japan for the Super Famicom.

Warlock
04-15-2002, 05:40 PM
I *think* it was October 1993.. I seem to remember it at least being an October issue.. it was in the Pak Watch section and just called "Legend of Zelda for Gameboy"

I'd scan it but I don't have the issue here (all my stuff is at home)

The Silent Assassin
04-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Alright, I know which one you were talking about.