PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 154

Dark Nation
04-14-2002, 11:05 PM
DO NOT SAVE OVER OLD QUESTS WITH THIS VERSION! THERE IS A VERY GOOD POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WILL CORRUPT SOMETHING! BETA 155 MIGHT NOT READ QUESTS FROM THIS BETA! USE BETA 152 INSTEAD!

What's new in this version (make sure you get the beta 154 NewDefault patch as well):

1. Fixed some bugs due to the cset separation thing that I did in beta 153.

2. No more combo pages. Well, there are still pages in the combo editor, but you can use any combo you want anywhere you wish. I tested this by placing the last combo from page 2 onto a screen that had originally been set for combo page 1. I save and reopened. It kept.

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. You might want to turn on the auto-backup feature.

Anyway, here are the files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 154 for DOS (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b154/zc192b154d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 154 for Windows (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b154/zc192b154w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

Here's the support archives:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 147+ Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b147/zc192b147s.exe)
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 144+ Windows Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b144/zc192b144ws.exe)
+alleg40.dll

You will also need to download this file:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 154 NewDefault patch (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b154/zgp.dat)
+zgp.dat

DarkFlameWolf
04-14-2002, 11:15 PM
*tips hat to DN* will continue to use beta 152 to do my quest, but will test old quests using new version. ;)

fatcatfan
04-14-2002, 11:23 PM
w00t!!! I've been anticipating this development for a long while.

*goes off to update mapmaker*

VEL
04-14-2002, 11:57 PM
I found a big bug. All flags seem to be gone in most quests like in NewFirst and some quests I made.

EDIT: quests saved in 1.90 seem to be fine, but ones saved in beta 104 and up don't seem to work (the flags). Ones saved in beta 153 have the flags working, but lots of the tiles are the wrong ones (it seems they all turn to ones that are on combo page 1).

KJAZZ
04-15-2002, 12:17 AM
I'll keep this one in a seperate folder from the rest. :D

I'm eager to test this one..

EDIT: Found a bug. If I want to scroll down past combo #255, then I have to use SHIFT+Down or the mouse scroll thing, I cannot click on the little box near the bottom of the screen (you can use it to go back up, but not down past 255)

Also I think you should enable some hotkeys that make it scroll faster, I know some quests that use up to combo page 63..maybe a key to scroll it down 255 combos?

Starkist
04-15-2002, 12:19 AM
The first five combos are blank when you open zquest. To get them back you have to reset the default combos. This was in the last two betas as well.

The test function seems to open zelda.exe but then just returns to zquests, and when you hover over the menus they go blank. All message boxes are blank as well.

The shooting sword bug reappears in odd places. I edited newfirst to test some things out on this beta and none of the swords shot, even though newfirst has the latter two swords shooting. The problem in my quest (last saved in 152) has gone away it seems.

Dark Nation
04-15-2002, 12:21 AM
I've taken down beta 154. I fixed the flag bug and am compiling beta 155 as I type this. Beta 155 should be posted within 15 minutes. After that, I'll put beta 154 back up in case anyone like keeping old stuff. :D

Dark Nation
04-15-2002, 12:23 AM
As for the first 5 combos, did you get the updated zgp.dat file?

I'll double-check that in beta 155.

As for the test function problems, this was a known issue. I mentioned these when I first posted about the test feature.

Starkist
04-15-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
As for the first 5 combos, did you get the updated zgp.dat file?

Yeah I did.

As for the test function problems, this was a known issue. I mentioned these when I first posted about the test feature.

Ok. I remembered it came up somewhere...

EDIT: When using the mouse to scroll down the combo page on the main screen, it only goes down to where combo page one would have ended. To scroll furthur you must use the keyboard.

Also, this has been around for awhile as well, the asterisk doesn't fill up your hearts with the cheat enabled. You must do it through the menu.

DarkFlameWolf
04-15-2002, 12:32 AM
Dang, you barely released 154 and now its 155. Just pumping them out before people can get a chance to download.

Dark Nation
04-15-2002, 01:23 AM
Okay. Beta 155 completed. Beta 154 restored (don't use it; it's just there for people who like to collect betas).

Cloral
04-15-2002, 03:58 AM
Starkist, the asterisk thing is left over from when the cheats for magic were added in so that it could be added and tested. Unfortunately, I don't believe those cheats ever really worked...

how about getting that cheat fixed? And there should probably be a new option too under the cheats menu for magic. There could be one under the first level to refill magic, and one under the second level to mess around with the number of magic containers (both mirroring their health counterparts).