PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening!!!!!

Predcon1
04-14-2002, 08:35 PM
WHY HAVE SO MANY USERS' POST COUNT GONE BACK SEVERAL HUNDRED?????

MetaStaiford
04-14-2002, 08:37 PM
simple.

Queenie and Kariqual took AaD with them when they left. and along with it the posts.

you think your annoyed about this? it set me back almost 200, and i hafta reach 4000 all over again

Menokh
04-14-2002, 08:38 PM
*slaps head*

Becuase of Ask a Dominatrix's deletion. All the posts in there were deleted too, and therefore people's post count's were lowered to compinsate.

Predcon1
04-14-2002, 08:43 PM
Couldn't AaD have been "suspended" until kari and Queenie got back? I mean, why should the rest of us suffer for their actions? Think of those who have to reach 1,000 all over again.

MetaStaiford
04-14-2002, 08:44 PM
it is likely that kariqual and queenie arent coming back.

hey, it could be worse, WA couldve been deleted

it's only set me back about 20-50 posts, but to the people who were regulars there..... ouch.

J.J. Maxx
04-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by MetaStaiford
hey, it could be worse, WA couldve been deleted.

*LOL* I would feel bad for Darunia.. he'd only have like 300 posts. :)

The Silent Assassin
04-14-2002, 08:47 PM
They took away ask a Dominatrix, eh?

AlexMax
04-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Yes they did. It's now property of Mundai Omake and Fight Club...

Menokh
04-14-2002, 08:51 PM
But once Meta comes up with a good name, Glenn is going to make another sex oriented forum.
But all the posts will still be gone, it'll be started from scratch.

Mak-X
04-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Predcon1
Couldn't AaD have been "suspended" until kari and Queenie got back? I mean, why should the rest of us suffer for their actions? Think of those who have to reach 1,000 all over again.

http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53836

Originally posted by Glenn the Great
Queenie and Kari both told me that they wanted everything in it deleted, and they were giving up the forum. Since they are in charge of it, I complied. If anyone else wants to recreate that forum, they are welcome. It would be started over from scratch though.

DarkDragon
04-14-2002, 09:18 PM
Is there a reason they nuked both the forum and our post counts instead of just retiring and archiving the forum, like they did with General Bitching, Church of Eckels, and every other former forum I can think of?

Predcon1
04-14-2002, 09:48 PM
Here's another thing. I had just put "Leader of the Odinsblade" as my custom title. Someone or something replace "Leader" with "******" What's up with that?

Now I have to settle for "Chief"

goKi
04-14-2002, 10:12 PM
predcon1: its so your custom title cant get confused with forum leaders, some words are blocked out, i could have the word forum in my title, blocked out aswell.

MasterSwordUltima
04-14-2002, 10:17 PM
I don't think Admin works either, staff does though :)

Mak-X
04-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Predcon1
Here's another thing. I had just put "Leader of the Odinsblade" as my custom title. Someone or something replace "Leader" with "******" What's up with that?

Now I have to settle for "Chief"

That's wierd... I just tried "Leader of Hyrule" and it worked fine.
"Admin" worked fine. Maybe its my moderator status?

"Leader of the Odinsblade" works fine too.

http://members.aol.com/captiann64/misc/odinblade.gif

I don't see why it wouldn't let you use "Admin" and "Leader" in the first place since it obvious that its the custom title and not the rank title. Unless someone wanted to go to the trouble to prevent any jokes that could be played with those titles.

MasterSwordUltima
04-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey, Admin does work! It didn't before for me! I think it is moderator status! Ah well, gonna change it back.